Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to turn in my GTI really soon now and pick up my 500, the thing is 2 years ago i had to let go someone from work and an hour later i walk out and my driver door is Keyd about 25" paint deep.

So, i have to get it fixed before the lease goes back, and i never had any body work done before.
so my question is, how much does fixing that would cost? im not sure if they could touch it up or they have to respray the whole door.
I just don't wanna get ripped off, this is NewYork and it happens a lot.

any help with previous experiences would be great thanks :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have to turn in my GTI really soon now and pick up my 500, the thing is 2 years ago i had to let go someone from work and an hour later i walk out and my driver door is Keyd about 25" paint deep.

So, i have to get it fixed before the lease goes back, and i never had any body work done before.
so my question is, how much does fixing that would cost? im not sure if they could touch it up or they have to respray the whole door.
I just don't wanna get ripped off, this is NewYork and it happens a lot.

any help with previous experiences would be great thanks :)
If it were me, I'd get a pre-return inspection from the leasing company and find out how much I'd be charged for returning it with the scratch. Then I'd go to a body shop with a top rating and get a quote (and beg them for a break since its not an insurance job and you are returning the car anyway). Whichever was cheaper is what I'd do. If you go the middle road with a cheap body shop that you have no experience with, you may end up paying twice. Unfortunately, I have too much experience with a local body shop.... at least he does good work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts