Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently picked up a new sponsor, RaceMesh Grilles. After talking to them for a bit, we were able to come up with a simple grille that anyone can install on their POP and LOUNGE models (for now, sport model coming soon). I got mine in their traditional weave finished in black chrome. They offer Electro Polish, Stainless Steel/Satin, Black Wrinkle and Silver Leopard finish. They are also rolling out their new Gothic weave this year. Enjoy the photos! For more info don't hesitate to drop me a line. Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an appearance detail piece. It fits over the current honeycomb stock piece. Adds a sporty character, rather than the stock plastic bits.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
While I have been wishing there was some type of grill alternative I had hoped to see a replacement rather than a stick on top type, basically I like the stock but wish the honeycombs were actual holes and not just for looks, adding something over it won't do it for me but I appreciate someone is working on options in the area for the 500 and that you took the time to post it as well. Maybe down the road we'll get an option for something that opens up the OEM grill.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback Tweek. The concept behind this grille was to get the market buzzing about current options in development. One of the barriers to making a full replacement grille for the Fiat is the amount of pressure clips, snaps and the fact you have to remove the entire front bumper to get access to all of that is a bit daunting for most people. Something simple like this current prototype might help a lot of customizers achieve a new sporty look rather than a plastic honeycomb you see on so many other stock entry level vehicles. I too was hoping to get a full replacement but after consulting with the fabricator the task was going to cost a lot in fabrication time and resources. The only other option currently available is replace the entire front end with an aftermarket body kit to achieve an alternative grille opening. Hope that helps clear up why we went about this direction.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sometimes its better to leave well enough alone...it will be hard to improve upon the stock grill.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I like the stock one better, this one reminds me of a dust filter I have in my home.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of making their own mesh? On the BMW forums a bunch of people just buy mesh at home depot or online paint it whatever color they like and put it on the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am working with RaceMesh to see what we can develop based on your responses. For those of you interested this current kit will be made available in the near future through another sponsor of mine. Again thank you for your feed back!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
It kind of reminds me of my Kitchen Aid Microwave filter. Looks to be hard to keep clean. Probably looks better in person, on a vehicle. I like the grill on my Sport the way it is. Sorry

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Getting better! MORE LIGHTS = :)

However wanna make
it great. straight line Billet grill with or without lights would
look amazing

Ps what do the lights plug into. and what if
you have a sport?

Sent from my Argento 500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts