Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio in my Pop (the basic one, not the Bose one) has a mute button. I can't really think of any instance when I'd mute the radio instead of just turning it off and back on. It's not like a TV, where I can still follow the action with the mute on.

So, is it a clever option or a waste of a button?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't use the mute on the console, but I use it all the time on the wheel. For vehicles without wheel controls, it does seem silly to have a mute button when the big power button is so much easier to hit, and less than an inch away.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
I use the one on my steering wheel too. Easy to get too. With the Sirius radio, that cuts out in parking garages, I love the feature. Come to think of it, my other cars have a mute button on them too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love this feature and have wondered why none of my other cars had it. I use it all the time at the drive throug., I know the is a power button but the radio takes longer to start up then to unmute/unpause so it's more convenient. I also only use the one on the steering wheel to do it btw.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to have the steering wheel controls as well. I use the 'mute' button on the steering wheel all the time. on my previous car, an 08 Charger, it had a mute button on the radio.

as someone else said, with it being on the radio, not sure what the diff is using the mute vs the power button. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. It's totally repetitive.

it's just bad user interfacing. Especially being right next to the power button. They almost do the exact same thing.

Only different is the little orange lights on the radio stay on and it says "mute".

Yeah, I don't get it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not sure but I think that if you turn off your radio completely, it interferes with the Bluetooth.

Again, I have never tried it but I suspect that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts