Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just hit 38,000 miles this week. Today's ~42 miles commute to work in 50F weather took exactly 50% of the charge. Since the majority of this morning's drive was at ~65 mph cruising speed, I'm happy to see that I'm still getting 4.6 mi/kWh over all. Based on the readings, my total range for today would be at around 84 miles which is in line with the EPA estimate, even though it's mostly freeway driving and in cold weather. So range loss at 38,000 miles? I think not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have just under 60k miles and no noticeable degradation. Summer driving around town, I still beat the EPA estimates. Living in Riverside County, I can affirm that anything under 60 is cold!
60k?
That is great!
Seeing some of the issues other people are having, almost makes me want to unload this thing before the factory warranty expires. If I can get that Mercury extended warranty though and keep this thing for 5yrs/60,000 + miles I would be happy to do it.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,123 Posts
At over 7 years now, I also have no measurable range loss, except when I drive faster :devilish: , although I only have 25k mi.

Note that the Mercury extended warranty is TRANSFERABLE! ("for a small fee") That should greatly improve resale, probably by more than the cost of the warranty extension.

As for the "issues other people are having", by the subject line here (range loss) I've seen MANY others reporting NO detectable range loss, & only ONE report with sufficient detail to confirm measurable loss after 6 years & 54,000 miles:

Every other report I've seen is missing important details such as average speed or temperature or the like.

As for other issues, the easily, cheaply replaced, same-as-gas 12V battery seems to be causing the major share of grief. ONE user reported a major failure (PIM), which was specifically confirmed as covered by that Mercury warranty, but cost this user quite a bit, however when added to the ridiculously low used price of these cars, it was probably still a really good value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts