Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My wife has recently purchased a 2014 Fiat 500. Today I noticed that the that the rear plastic bumper liner protrudes below the exterior bumper. Also, the bit where the outer and inner clip together at the bottom don't seem to match/ correspond. Further inspection of the bumper shows a gap between the plastic liner and the wheel arch, and a gap between top of the bumper where it meets the boot. Also I noticed that the toe hole seem to be slightly misaligned. Could this have the wrong bumper fitted?

It's a bit hard to explain so I have attached images.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Chuckz….Does your bumper, line up to both rear fenders? If not the bumper been off the car, and hasn’t been installed back correctl.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Smark, thanks for responding,

This bumper does seem to line up to both rear fenders and has an even gap. However, I have notices some surface stress fractures where your red arrows are. The bumper also seems to bulge under the light and doesn't sit flush to the light. Could this be an indication of incorrect fitting?

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Your car, might have been hit in the rear. If you noticed stress fractures. If you have a Fiat dealership around. Look at some other 500’s bumpers.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Chucks, your 500 is fine. My car is a North America model. That gap is probably for water drainage. Here photo’s of my rear bumper. Hope these photo’s help you.

Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Vehicle Automotive exterior

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Car

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments, I guess the only thing that's really amiss is the clips at the bottom not matching up.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Are you talking about the inter wheel well not fitting flush to the bumper? Both side of my car don’t fit flush either. My 500 is built in Mexico, yours in Poland.

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts