Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change the rear rotors/ pads on my niece's 12 Cpop and found the bracket bolts rusted and rounded, I noticed that there is almost enough room to get the rotors off without taking off the brackets but not quite.
It looks like that if you remove the hub nut and slide it forward it might come off without taking off the bracket, I didn't bring that socket so I didn't try it. Anybody know if that'll work? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old post but hey ho. I'm sure that one, if not both of those bracket (caliper carrier) bolts needs to come off. I've heard of people getting one off, and pivoting one end off to allow for the rotor change.
When I changed mine, I undid the abs sensor and 4 bolts (A500 2010UK) and took the whole wheel hub assembly off to work on.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I didn't see the original post till now, but the answer is no. Those bolts need to come off, unfortunately. And I replace those bolts every time I remove them. The hardware is extremely low-rent, and living in the salty New England, I learned that lesson the hard way. I was extremely lucky that I was able to remove those bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts