Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to my daughter hitting the garage door opener when the hatch lid was up, my 3 week-old Abarth now has a giant dent as well as a non-functional rear hatch, which I found out after I shut the hatch. Is there any way to manually open the hatch from the inside? The buttons on the key and the door handle from the interior don't open it, also I don't hear the slight "pop" at the rear hatch when unlocking anymore so I think the microswitch is dead.

Any advice is helpful...

2015 Abarth

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would suspect more that the mechanism is jammed due to being misaligned. How to fix? No idea if you can't get it open. It will probably need to be realigned.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The fob unlocks or locks but doesn't "pop" it open and there is no hatch release inside the car. We have a DIY area that speaks on removing the rear panel in the event you would like to have a look at things behind the panel. Whatever you do good luck and sorry to read of damage so early into the ownership.

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth with some Madness Goodies
42 Posts
It's so stupid the button doesn't pop the hatch. Who thought that was a good idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts