Fiat 500 Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got the car back last Wednesday. Took two weeks for dealer service department to fix. They removed the entire front end ( bumper, head lights, maybe the hood too ) in order to remove the engine and transmission for the $4 seal replacement. All fluids including AC refrigerant had to be replaced. They ran into a couple of bolts that were seized and had to be drilled out. Apparently these were special bolts that had to be ordered from Fiat and this delayed the process about three additional days. I drove through the dealership about midway through the process and spotted my little buddy in one of the service bays with its front end removed. Kind of like seeing a sick family member lying in a hospital bed. I cringed thinking my car would never be the same or they would scratch or ding it up during the process. Hurried over when they finally called and I was delighted to see my car put back to showroom condition just like I left it with them. Service guy said it was a huge job replacing the seal (obviously). He did mention how surprised he was at how well the car was put together and he's now thinking about buying one himself. As for the seal, they said it was most likely an assembly line "fluke" occurence. The seal had a small tear like someone snagged it as they were putting it onto the engine. Oh, BTW, the dealership is Crown Fiat of Chattanooga. Car sounds, feels, runs good as new. I think the AC does a little better job cooling now. Maybe the refrigerant level was low when I bought it or they replaced it with a different brand? Anyway, happy ending to a nerve racking experience.

Cheers
Mind me asking how much it was to repair it ? im looking at a 2012 with 39k on with the same issue...

·
Registered
2012 Abarth
5 Posts
Mind me asking how much it was to repair it ? im looking at a 2012 with 39k on with the same issue...
I have my abarth torn apart now because of a failed slave cylinder all I have to do at this point is remove the flywheel and put a new rear main seal while I’m already there . My guess is that it’s going to cost about 600-1000$ ; seriously labor intensive.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts