Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyone make a kit to do this? Like original Fiats did. Or, bugs...
I want it BADLY. My ‘81 Austin America had huge rear quarters that popped open on the rear. Had quality brackets also. Great circulation on highway trips. Off top of head needs an internal hinge up front.
Wish I could make what is necessary.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I want it BADLY. My ‘81 Austin America had huge rear quarters that popped open on the rear. Had quality brackets also. Great circulation on highway trips. Off top of head needs an internal hinge up front.
Wish I could make what is necessary.
Just thought about experimenting with ‘87-97 Nissan hardbody kingcab (popout window) brackets and hinges. You gave me a project...to locate a donor truck for two sets of parts necessary after inspection of my hardbody brackets, etc.
Will post what I realize. Definitely worth the effort in the long run. I’d rarely require my a/c then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I l
Just thought about experimenting with ‘87-97 Nissan hardbody kingcab (popout window) brackets and hinges. You gave me a project...to locate a donor truck for two sets of parts necessary after inspection of my hardbody brackets, etc.
Will post what I realize. Definitely worth the effort in the long run. I’d rarely require my a/c then.
I like how you think! I might tackle it at some point, but I've got way too many pet projects going on as it is! Keep us (me!) posted!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biggest issue I see is the glass is much larger than the inside opening. Not a deal breaker, but the hinge might not be as simple as most other popouts I've seen.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Biggest issue I see is the glass is much larger than the inside opening. Not a deal breaker, but the hinge might not be as simple as most other popouts I've seen.
Thanks for the input. Let me know when YOU have a couple machined up and ready to buy. 😁👊👍🏼 I’ll buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts