Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have a 500,

(sorry if this has been covered, did a quick search that didn't yield anything)

If I am on my driveway and I use the "easy access" handle and slide my driver seat forward, as soon as you let go of the seat it slides right back, this happens on any sort of incline and makes cleaning up the backseat area a pain in the ***. My passenger seat seems to stay up when I slide it forward, I brought up the issue to the dealer and they said they found no faults but they were testing it on flat ground... duh, and now it seems both my passenger and driver seat are doing it. . . . :rolleyes:

How is this on your cars? do they say pushed forward or just slide back down?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Huh yours move.. Just kidding.. but mine are really really tight to move I really have to shove them to get them to move on their tracks.

Brion

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah, mine don't slide easily either. I wouldn't say I have to really shove them, but they don't slide back on their own, and my driveway is also an incline.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I'm going to pull the car out of the garage and shoot a quick vid of whats happening...

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
That will be some tricky video work to capture that unless you have another person.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
For those of you that have a 500,

(sorry if this has been covered, did a quick search that didn't yield anything)

If I am on my driveway and I use the "easy access" handle and slide my driver seat forward, as soon as you let go of the seat it slides right back, this happens on any sort of incline and makes cleaning up the backseat area a pain in the ***. My passenger seat seems to stay up when I slide it forward, I brought up the issue to the dealer and they said they found no faults but they were testing it on flat ground... duh, and now it seems both my passenger and driver seat are doing it. . . . :rolleyes:

How is this on your cars? do they say pushed forward or just slide back down?

Thanks in advance!
Grigio500:

Sorry to hear of this inconvenience.. by chance has a studio had the time to address this for you or offer and repair suggestions?

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
It's suppose to have some type of memory feature to the driver side. It doesn't move very good the driver, and the passenger side. I'm alway afraid, I'm going to break the seat levers off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm alway afraid, I'm going to break the seat levers off.
Me too! The handle flexes so much when you try to bring the seat forward it just does not seem like it's meant to be used much. Fortunately for us, it's not used very often at all.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Mine is easy enough to slide forward and back, but not so easy that it moves on its own. I've also found that by bracing my palm against the seatback when I'm raising the handle does much to make it feel more solid.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It's suppose to have some type of memory feature to the driver side. It doesn't move very good the driver, and the passenger side. I'm alway afraid, I'm going to break the seat levers off.
Smark (and all) : Not sure what to say .. I have heard many complaints about the "plastic" ness of the seat lever and the stiffness and immobility of the tracks, especially from the back seat. Other than referring you to a studio to maybe tighten the spring on the latch or lube the tracks, Im not sure what else could be done. I know that doesnt seem much of an answer, and I apologize, but after weeks of answering similar posts, im running out of solutions as well.

Reactions: smark

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will be some tricky video work to capture that unless you have another person.

You were right my videos came out like garbage, going to get my girlfriend to help me out when we are back at the brampton house (has the driveway with a slight incline...)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, mine move very freely and the memory feature seems to work? (I keep my seat all the way back..)

Will try n get the video asap.

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Its seem like you lift up the seat lever to release, it forward. Then push the seat forward, while not pulling on the level. Not the greatest, but it seems to work that way, with out breaking the lever. Glad we only use the back seat every once and a while. Need rear floor mats too!!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Need rear floor mats too!!!!
I wanted some really cheap mats for the rear and figured since it really sees no true use I would go cheap as possible, Dollar General ha a four piece set for $7-$8 bucks and it matches great, just tossed the front mats in a spare room, color is so very close! Maybe I should snap a pic sometime.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Did anyone try to use the flip and fold feature of the Mercedes ML when it first came out? POS. For as many times as I use this feature, I'm glad that Fiat put the money in other parts of the car that I use more often. For the price, you can't have it all. Just my op.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Videos

sorry for the the delay,

Here are the videos of what my car does, Please let me know if yours do the same. The studio said its normal even though only the driver side does it, and my drive way is only on a slight incline....

Driver side - slides back as soon as I let go

Passenger side - stays up until I push it back

My only issue with this is when I'm trying to vacuum/clean the rear seat area, otherwise I dont really need to be back there...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahahaha, yeah it was right after the plate install and before a bbq so had to break out a couple cold ones!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.