Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this? I guess it started slowly, but it's at the point now when ever I'm driving anywhere over any surface, there's a pile of noise coming from the back seats when they're locked upright. It's quite bad, even with the radio on. It goes away when the seats are folded down. The source seems to be from inside the seat release buttons on both sides. I uploaded a video.

I guess it's time to send the car in and have all these rattles dealt with. I envy you guys who say your cars are rattle free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is rather annoying. Hope they are able to solve that one quickly. I haven't heard that one but I have a rather annoying whistling sound coming from my a/c fan. I hear it most when the fan is on low, and it disappears when the fan is off. I will have to get that looked at.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's going in next Tuesday for the following:

-Rear seat rattle
-Driver's door rattle + B pillar creaking
-Loud rattle behind instrument cluster

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's back from the dealer. They filled the area near the latches with a sort of foam and reduced the noise by about 50%. I have an idea to eliminate the noise completely. They also silicone sprayed both doors. This cured the rattle, but the creaking from the B pillar is still there. And the loudest one, the constant rattle from behind the speedometer. Turns out it was a broken spring or something in the airbag. They replaced the airbag, no more rattle.

The car is much quieter now, though still not 100% rattle free. I'm really anal about these things.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
now that I"m PARANOID about the rattles, creaks, etc......I turned down the Bose and now I hear my front passenger headrest rattling. not too annoying but when I hit 8,000 miles and I'm in for my next LOF, I'll mention that along with the front fascia moldings. one or both are loose and again....not a big deal, unless they fall off. NOT a good look for a new car. :p

I'm still happy with my 500 Sport though.........:D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
....the only sound I heard was the tiniest rattle from my Glock.....against its holster, otherwise the car is fortunately silent, you guys had me paranoid too
a GLOCK in your car???:eek:

hate to tell you this, but if you're packin', you were already paranoid! :p

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
a GLOCK in your car???:eek:

hate to tell you this, but if you're packin', you were already paranoid! :p

My Glock goes everywhere I go nine reasons no one should bother me in the wrong way, even now it is within an arms reach, habit now, I have a concealed carry and NC is an open carry state. Example of why...the local IHOP has had gun related issues I'd say four to five times in less than a year, maybe slightly longer. Also recently heard a guy was asked to leave the restaurant and he went to his car got a knife and a gun and walked back inside and shot an older woman that was just trying to enjoy a meal with her daughter. Living near a military town may be related but whatever the reason I'd call it a healthy paranoia. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts