Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Has anyone done a rear seat delete in his/her Fiat 500?

I know there are kits to do that for Mini Coopers and Mustangs, but can not find one for a Fiat 500.

This site offers "rear seat delete" kits, but not for the Fiat 500.

http://www.rearseatdelete.com/

Do you think removing the rear seats is a good option, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Why? Fiat built a 695 Abarth, model 500 that didn't have back seat. Have a lot of mounting holes and fitting to look at and cover.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The people at http://www.rearseatdelete.com/ who are in North Carolina (about 1200 miles from me) said they would build a free rear seat delete for someone in their area. That would give them the template to offer a kit to other who wanted to cover all the floor stuff in the back after removing the seats.

I am looking at someone locally who made be able to make a custom one for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depending on how much they weigh it might be worth it to remove them, for those who are performance nuts (myself) and who do not need rear seats in a smaller car.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Tweak wrote: "I spoke with them and we are going to get together and make this happen sometime in March when they will have the time they need."

Awesome!

I found a local shop that will do mine. They will remove the seats, and put in a deck with matching carpet. It will bolt down to the same spots as the seats so it will be easily reversible, and I will just store the seats until I need them (if I ever do). I will post photos when I get this done.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and discussion.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak wrote: "I spoke with them and we are going to get together and make this happen sometime in March when they will have the time they need."

Awesome!

I found a local shop that will do mine. They will remove the seats, and put in a deck with matching carpet. It will bolt down to the same spots as the seats so it will be easily reversible, and I will just store the seats until I need them (if I ever do). I will post photos when I get this done.

Sweet, look forward to seeing the pics when it is done, I think the option to reverse whatever they do will also be there, if it isn't then I won't be doing it as I like the option to go back if desired.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Awesome!

I'm working on a similar setup, only I plan to make a fiberglass speaker box to go in place of the back of the seat, and mount the amps on the bottom. The bottom will also be fiberglass on mine, as opposed to carpet. I'll post pics when I get it finished, just waiting on some free time and a couple more paychecks to get everything done.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'm working on a similar setup, only I plan to make a fiberglass speaker box to go in place of the back of the seat, and mount the amps on the bottom. The bottom will also be fiberglass on mine, as opposed to carpet. I'll post pics when I get it finished, just waiting on some free time and a couple more paychecks to get everything done.
Any chance you can create a floor like area that replaces the seats but yet retain the wall between the seat area and the storage area? I like that you can put something back there and it is hidden from view but it'd be sweet if the actual seat area was more of a shelf of sorts.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts