Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was driving and the rear view mirror fell off the windshield. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? Gonna call the shop in the morning to make an appt.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tonight I was driving and the rear view mirror fell off the windshield. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? Gonna call the shop in the morning to make an appt. Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Never with any car but one and it was 30 seconds after a new sound system installation...a very loud one which was many years ago and is no longer anything I care to do again, local glass shop can fix it for $15-$20 and it won't ever come off again in case you want it fixed faster and easier than dealing with your studio. (Unless yours is really close, mine is not so I'd rather fix it myself for a small issue, still I'd call them about it though)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never with any car but one and it was 30 seconds after a new sound system installation...a very loud one which was many years ago and is no longer anything I care to do again, local glass shop can fix it for $15-$20 and it won't ever come off again in case you want it fixed faster and easier than dealing with your studio. (Unless yours is really close, mine is not so I'd rather fix it myself for a small issue, still I'd call them about it though)
You have a good point! I will call a local glass company. I'll spend $20 in gas just to go to the dealer so this makes more sense. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
You have a good point! I will call a local glass company. I'll spend $20 in gas just to go to the dealer so this makes more sense. Thanks! Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Just don't get the AutoZone or Advance or other type repair crap, it is a waste of money and the stuff they use at the glass shops sets almost instantly and the bond is insane, def beats the long drive to the dealer to me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just don't get the AutoZone or Advance or other type repair crap, it is a waste of money and the stuff they use at the glass shops sets almost instantly and the bond is insane, def beats the long drive to the dealer to me.
Oh yeah for sure! I want it done right so I won't be doing it! Lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you're doin' it right, whatever's behind you is fading from view anyhow...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Tonight I was driving and the rear view mirror fell off the windshield. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? Gonna call the shop in the morning to make an appt.

BlueStreak:

Sorry to hear of your early issues with your new Fiat. It's unusual that the rear view mirror fell off; either it was not applied correctly or the adhesive did not cure. Going to the dealer is the right route. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

BlueStreak:

Sorry to hear of your early issues with your new Fiat. It's unusual that the rear view mirror fell off; either it was not applied correctly or the adhesive did not cure. Going to the dealer is the right route. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
It's fixed. 5 minutes and $5 at my local glass shop. Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Nice! Much better than having to drive all the way out to the dealer and assuming they used adhesive like my shop you'll only remove that mirror by destroying the surrounding glass from here on out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cool.
FiatCares.

They've got a social media manager now; that can help sometimes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BlueStreak:

Thanks for the reply! I live 2 hours from my nearest dealer so I made the decision to have this done local. On my next visit I will inform the service manager if the issue so he is aware it happened. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I live 2 hours from my nearest dealer so I made the decision to have this done local. On my next visit I will inform the service manager if the issue so he is aware it happened. Thanks again!

Excellent! Im glad to hear that it was fixed so quickly and for just 5 bucks... I was going to suggest that the adhesive is inexpensive and that you could probably apply it yourself, but if its clearly a manufacture's defect, Im required to send you to the dealer... Im sure you understand...

Have a great day..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Cool.
FiatCares.

They've got a social media manager now; that can help sometimes.
Hilldweller:

Yes, Chrysler-Fiat is very aware of the impact social media has these days and has created departments just to support out customers who use Twitter, email, and forums such as this to communicate. Im here if I can be of any help....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hilldweller:

Yes, Chrysler-Fiat is very aware of the impact social media has these days and has created departments just to support out customers who use Twitter, email, and forums such as this to communicate. Im here if I can be of any help....
Can you get me a TIPM red-labeled to Cherokee Ram by tomorrow?
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348835

Please? My '11 Power Wagon is down and I have a BIG event coming up that I lead every year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts