Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to remove my rear wiper to clean up the rear of my 500, but I didn't want to spend $25 for a "proper" wiper delete plug — at least not yet.

My cheap fix incorporates a:
  • 1-1/8" vinyl grommet with a 5/8" hole ($1.19)
  • 5/8" inch black plastic plug ($0.65)
I sourced both of the items at my local True Value Hardware store. It's less conspicuous than the photo shows, and if I decide I like the change, I can always spring for a machined flush-mount delete plug later.

wiper delete.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like the resourcefulness! I actually use the Kill All Wipers delete kit and its only £10 which is like $13 USD and ships from the UK. It's the most flush delete kit I've seen which if you ask me is the whole point of deleting the wiper in the first place.

Gives it a super clean OEM look.

And it's just a glossy plastic but it looks like glass and is flush to the rest of the window.

The install is fairly simple too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting that; it’s exactly the look I’d prefer and at a decent price. I came across a similar one that I believe is billet aluminum and probably twice the price. I’ll have to check this one out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for posting that; it’s exactly the look I’d prefer and at a decent price. I came across a similar one that I believe is billet aluminum and probably twice the price. I’ll have to check this one out.
Glad I could help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts