Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, while surfing the net I noticed that the dealership I bought my car has listed a $500 military discount, and another $1500 discount on three specific Pops that are outfitted with Automatic Transmissions, the Bose Stereo, Sirius Radio, and Aluminum wheels.

I know that my dealer had offered me a $440 discount on my Pop, because it was an early one that didn't have Blue&Me which is now standard on the Pop, so I don't know if this new rebate is related to additional changes in the base configuration of the Pop, or if there is some other reason, but I thought I'd just mention it, since I know in the past I've seen posts about no-haggle pricing and whether you can get the cars at a discounted price, etc.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fiat is trying to get rid of the early Pops sans Blue&Me. Fiat of Alexandria called me earlier this week to let me know they had three such Pops and were offering $2000 off sticker. I am not sure whether Fiat was giving the entire discount or if the dealership contributed some as well. On memorial day, the discount on these early Pops was $500.

The no-haggle pricing appears not to have worked out. I ordered my 500 three weeks ago and received $250 off sticker. Since then, I spoke to a different dealer who offered $550 off on the same special order, but the difference was not big enough to bother with moving the order over.

As far as I can tell, Fiat has flooded dealers with inventory and sales are in their infancy (because most Americans have not heard that the 500 is available in the US), so they are willing to make deals. Still, of the four nearby dealers, two refused to haggle. I probably overpaid a bit for mine...seems $500 off is the minimum discount.

The $2000 discount on a $16000 car seems steep to me, especially this early on in the game. Makes me a little worried about depreciation.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I saw at Fiat of Alexandria had a car with a list price of $18.6K going for $16.6K, but it was unclear to me whether the car had been previously sold and returned (there was some fine print about subject to previous sale or something like that).

The three Pops at the Tysons Corner store all appear to be Pops fitted out with extra features and originally priced $18.75K to $19.25K. I'm guessing that some of that may be due to whether it has Blue&Me, but I don't know if that's all of it.

Regards

Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts