1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Continuing Emissions Crisis

I got a letter from CHRYSLER GROUP LLC. IMPORTANT! MOTOR VEHICLE NOTIFICATION

EMISSIONS RECALL M03
DIAGNOSTIC LINK CONNECTOR COVER

The recall can be performed by the car owner, via these instructions:
1. Open the driver's side door.
2. Locate the DLC cover on the driver's side lower dash panel (Figure 1).
3. Remove and discard the DLC Cover.

The only explanation offered: The DLC Cover on your vehicle (VIN: 3D3CFFAR9MA106827 ) does not comply with the regulations mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resource Board.

I leave it to you Californians - do you think this might reveal something about the fiscal problems of your state government, or what?

·
Registered
765 Posts
So let me guess...the cover has been found to contain some almost immeasurable containment that CA has determined isn't Hippy enough??? I mean WTF

·
Registered
700 Posts
i saw that recall on my post visit list on my service report...i was going to ask why my car does not have a cover over that port..that blows i want a cover dont like it exposed like that time for another mod

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a plastic cover for heavens sake, I pop mine off before service and replace it when done, no issue or problem with it being there so I don't get the fuss, it's the same as taking the cover off the fuse box or some other compartment covering so mine is staying.
Just don't drive into California that way. That and some overdue library books might get it impounded!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, I'm all for clean air and everything, but this move crosses the double-yellow line for a head-on crash onto the ridiculist. Like someone else who responded, I'm going to try to remember to take mine off before I take the car in for service, and put it back on afterward.

The plastic in the thing gives off too much gas--volatile organic chemical gas--which is the stuff that puts a haze on the inside of windshields. But seriously, considering the size of this cover, how much could there be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This week, two small-scale recalls have been issued by Chrysler because of the defective parts from its suppliers. These defective parts they said may lead to injuries, although none have been reported at the moment. Article source: chrysler-two-recalls

·
Registered
513 Posts
New Rapid Response 12-021

Was at service today and was told about this Rapid Response...

The drain hole on the cowl is too small and they have been directed to drill a larger hole and install a grommet. Northside Fiat Indy has not recieved their grommets yet do they were unable to complete it at this time.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
CA rules mandate that there should be no obstruction to access of the OBD2 port. Most all cars have them under the dash so no cover is needed.

It seems stupid to worry about it but hey, rules are rules right? LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts