Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a Red Pop in Tysons Corner (VA) last week, and am really enjoying the car.

Regards

PF

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Congratulations, welcome to both clubs. Fiat owners and the best colore. I have a red Pop, maybe I will see you on the Dulles Toll road. I bought mine in March, have yet to cross another one in traffic. I get beeped by Alpha Romeos though.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Congrats, looks great. I have a Pop as well (forgive me, it's green!).

I've seen one yellow one, on a weekend trip. My wife followed another yellow one, apparently visiting OH from VA. I also passed a hauler carrying a load of them.

Ryan

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

What color interior do you all have? Mine came with gray and ivory, and its really grown on me. (I especially like that the steering wheel doesn't get as hot in the sun as on my old car - which had a dark color steering wheel).

Regards

PF

·
Registered
819 Posts
Mine is black/grey. I really, really wanted the white, but I figured it would be a nightmare to keep clean.

Ryan

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Sounds nice. I had such a hard time deciding between all the colors that I just let the salesman pick one off the lot for me, that was configured the way I wanted.

In the end I'm really happy with what he choose (though I admit that the white steering wheel does tend to show smudges).

Overall though, I think the Red, Ivory and Grey that I got all look really good together :).

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice looking car. Just registered so we can get as much info as we can before taking the plunge. Thought I'd post because we are also in NOVA and just visited the Alexandria store yesterday. Like some (as we understand) we are possible Mini Cooper converts. My wife loves the little 500 and some of the options. After driving it yesterday, the only thing that stopped her from wanting one right then was the power output (she currently drives a 07' Cooper S). It's now my job to do one of two things....a) find some perfomance mods to speed the little 500 up, or b) get ready to possibly make another vehicle change if she gets it and ultimately doesn't like it.

Anyway, glad to be here so far!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Nice looking car. Just registered so we can get as much info as we can before taking the plunge. Thought I'd post because we are also in NOVA and just visited the Alexandria store yesterday. Like some (as we understand) we are possible Mini Cooper converts. My wife loves the little 500 and some of the options. After driving it yesterday, the only thing that stopped her from wanting one right then was the power output (she currently drives a 07' Cooper S). It's now my job to do one of two things....a) find some perfomance mods to speed the little 500 up, or b) get ready to possibly make another vehicle change if she gets it and ultimately doesn't like it.

Anyway, glad to be here so far!
So far I haven't really had any problems getting onto highways or anything like that with my car, but I've always had fairly basic cars and I can understand how, if you're used to driving something more powerful, you might wan't a little more for this car too.

I've seen some posts on the internet about some stuff like lighter weight flywheels and the like that are supposed to improve performance but I don't know how costly it would be to do those upgrades.

On the other hand though, as Mr. Pickles noted, there is apparently going to be a much more powerful "Abarth" version coming out at some point (hopefully soon).

Regards

Pat

PS. While on a short (~100 mile) business trip today (up 295 to Glen Burnie and back to Falls Church, with a diversion through DC to my office and a stop off Columbia Pike for dinner) I got an average mpg of 46.3, which I was really happy about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts