Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual on page 33 it says that you can program the key fob to unlock both doors with the fob by touching it one time .. I tried to program it ...no go...asked the dealer ..no go..got fiat tecks involved they said it was a missprint in the manual and no 500's have that feature... anyone tried and does it work?
The manual also says that the radio has speed volumn ... teck told me only in the cheaper models and not in the bose ,...does this make sense...major $$$$$ option and not available .. anyone having the same issues

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
In the manual on page 33 it says that you can program the key fob to unlock both doors with the fob by touching it one time .. I tried to program it ...no go...asked the dealer ..no go..got fiat tecks involved they said it was a missprint in the manual and no 500's have that feature... anyone tried and does it work?
The manual also says that the radio has speed volumn ... teck told me only in the cheaper models and not in the bose ,...does this make sense...major $$$$$ option and not available .. anyone having the same issues

The function to program the remote to do that is not yet available on the US model.

BTW, is it just me or the range on the remote really suck, i almost have to be just a couple of feet from the car for it to work!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The function to program the remote to do that is not yet available on the US model.

BTW, is it just me or the range on the remote really suck, i almost have to be just a couple of feet from the car for it to work!!
my range is pretty good ...any response to the speed volumn

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
to honest with you, i didn't notice it change, but i didn't pay much attention to it, in my GTI u really noticed the change once you hit 60.

someone said that the wipers are speed sensitive as well, but its been raining the last couple of days and i know for a fact that they're not.

And yesterday was the first time i drove and been in the car at night, and i noticed that the interior light are pretty LAME!! its like lighting a candle good luck finding something you dropped so im looking to get some bright LEDs but don't know what size bulbs yet.

·
Registered
175 Posts

What do you mean by speed volume? On my Harley radio for example as the speed goes up the volume of the radio goes up. If that is what you mean by speed volume, I spoke with Fiat Customer Service today and they told me that the Fiat radio will not do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my dealer and fiat teck said that it works on the low end model radio and not on the bose system... if you look in the manual it says that it is one of the features ... fiat told me it is another misprint !!!!!!I am trying to see if anyone has these features because i think there is a problem with these features and it would be very costly for Fiat to fix .. It is cheaper an d easier to say that then do a recall

·
Registered
453 Posts
I can't reprogram my key to do that either. In the complete manual on the DVD, it says that cars with the EVIC can't have the key programmed like that, and to look at the EVIC user options. Of course, remote key options are not there. So, I'm guessing that the dealer is correct that only the lower end cars do that (those without EVIC) right now. Hopefully there will be a computer update for us that gives us options like that. It would be nice, but not having that function is not a big deal, really.

I also have not noticed any volume changing as speed changes. I could find no option for adjusting the sensitivity to volume changes. It does seem silly that such a feature does not exist in the BOSE system, but at least we know why we don't have it. Again, maybe we'll luck out and an update will come later to add features.

I don't think a recall is in order, though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
my dealer and fiat teck said that it works on the low end model radio and not on the bose system... if you look in the manual it says that it is one of the features ... fiat told me it is another misprint !!!!!!I am trying to see if anyone has these features because i think there is a problem with these features and it would be very costly for Fiat to fix .. It is cheaper an d easier to say that then do a recall

Since my earlier post. Fait Customer Service called me back and said that the speed volume function is covered on page 168 of the owner's manual. The manual states "Speed Volume Function--If Equipped". This function automatically adapts the volume level to the speed of the car, turning up the volume when the car speed increases to maintain the ratio with the noise level inside the passenger compartment. To activate/deactivate the function, use the buttons. The wording "Speed Volume" appears on the display followed by the current status of the function.

Off fucntion deactivated
Low function activated (low sensitivity)
High function activated (high sensitivity)

THE SIXTH FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION IS WHICH RADIO HAS THE FEATURE AND WHAT DOES "IF EQUIPPED" MEAN.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Since my earlier post. Fait Customer Service called me back and said that the speed volume function is covered on page 168 of the owner's manual. The manual states "Speed Volume Function--If Equipped". This function automatically adapts the volume level to the speed of the car, turning up the volume when the car speed increases to maintain the ratio with the noise level inside the passenger compartment. To activate/deactivate the function, use the buttons. The wording "Speed Volume" appears on the display followed by the current status of the function.

Off fucntion deactivated
Low function activated (low sensitivity)
High function activated (high sensitivity)

THE SIXTH FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION IS WHICH RADIO HAS THE FEATURE AND WHAT DOES "IF EQUIPPED" MEAN.

My 500 Lounge Convertible has the Bose Premium system with satellite radio and does not have the Speed Volume Function. You would think a premium radio system would have such a function but I guess not.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Bose system here...

NO Auto Adjust
NO auto speed sensing wipers
NO programming the remote (this has been mentioned on the forums and applies to all)
NO good range except 1 time, TODAY it worked over 20 feet away (maybe more) but before today it seemed to work at about 2 500 car lengths max
Still like the car but one would think an improved wiper system and the higher end would support the auto adjust for speed, any car remote should work with a decent range so that is just obvious. Basically same here and I agree!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have about a 75 ft range on the fob but it doesn't bend around corners! No go with the one touch/open both doors either. But I am having at least one conversation a say with perfect strangers aboutnthe car which makes up for these "cadillac problems!"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just feel as though by me buying the the TOP of the line 500c with all options except the TOM TOM that all these features should be working and available and not being told that this is all a missprint in the manual that comes with the car....no speed volumn on BOSE ...give me a break...no rain sensor... the accessory book even asks if you have that feature when you order windshield sun reflectors because of the box in the shield...the key fob not opening both doors ...come on ... my second generation vw bug even had that!
I requested a copy of my conversation with Fiat corp re these items and still nothing in writing confirming my conversations and agreement that they are sending me a wind block screen for my inconvienence and have me be a satisfied customer....still have not recieved that either... The dealer said that he is working on both the block and the letter ... this is going on for a month now !!!!!!! WE shall see!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have the basic radio and it does have the speed feature. You can set it to high or low sensitivity only. Low has almost no effect and high is extremely noticeable.

My wipers are indeed affected by speed as well. That's also mentioned on page 102 of the manual and I just verified it by timing it.

Ryan

·
Registered
825 Posts
It may not be a case of less options, maybe more like different options. I don't know what upgraded radio comes with.

Don't lose sleep over the radio, though. The speed volume is fairly useless on this model.

Ryan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just feel as though by me buying the the TOP of the line 500c with all options except the TOM TOM that all these features should be working and available and not being told that this is all a missprint in the manual that comes with the car....no speed volumn on BOSE ...give me a break...no rain sensor... the accessory book even asks if you have that feature when you order windshield sun reflectors because of the box in the shield...the key fob not opening both doors ...come on ... my second generation vw bug even had that!
I requested a copy of my conversation with Fiat corp re these items and still nothing in writing confirming my conversations and agreement that they are sending me a wind block screen for my inconvienence and have me be a satisfied customer....still have not recieved that either... The dealer said that he is working on both the block and the letter ... this is going on for a month now !!!!!!! WE shall see!
I have been trying to get information on the windscreen for weeks now. It is in the accessory catalog but no one can give me a sku number or tell me how much it costs. I have spoken to Fiat Customer Service several times with no luck. They keep referring me back to the Studio and they have the same accessory catalog with a picture of the windscreen but no sku number. I also check Mopar Fiat accessories with no luck. The only place I found it is on a British Fiat accessory web site with a cost of 102 pounds but not sure if only fits the European Fait 500. So good luck with getting one from Fiat North America.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
It may not be a case of less options, maybe more like different options. I don't know what upgraded radio comes with.

Don't lose sleep over the radio, though. The speed volume is fairly useless on this model.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, just seems it should be an option for the "upgraded" radio, but you made me feel a little better about it so thanks. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same experience with the key-fob claim in the manual being bogus. Too bad, that would be a nice feature. Same deal with the automatic volume adjustment with the radio. It's my guess that "if equipped" in that case means "if you have a European spec car." Also a blunder by whoever decided to forgo that feature on North American models.

However, my 500 Sport here in the USA definitely does have speed-sensitive intermittent wipers. The wipe frequency increases noticeably with the speed of the car, and vice-versa. Very cool.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I had the same experience with the key-fob claim in the manual being bogus. Too bad, that would be a nice feature. Same deal with the automatic volume adjustment with the radio. It's my guess that "if equipped" in that case means "if you have a European spec car." Also a blunder by whoever decided to forgo that feature on North American models. However, my 500 Sport here in the USA definitely does have speed-sensitive intermittent wipers. The wipe frequency increases noticeably with the speed of the car, and vice-versa. Very cool.
Welcome to the forums, as for the wipers it is very cool how they work but many here have stated they'd prefer more or improved control over the delay seeing as it is often too much or just shy of adequate depending on the speed of both the car and the speed as well as amount of rain you happen to be dealing with at the moment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have a Pop here and the music control works on mine. As far as the wipers.. will have to check next time it decides to rain in South Florida..lol Dry season right now..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts