Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fiat is taking dead aim at the Mini Cooper with two new variants of its 500 subcompact, and is set to introduce two new versions, a three-door estate (a long wheelbase 500 modeled after the Clubman) and a proper five-door hatchback with more interior room. Not surprisingly, these versions will be offered in North America, where the increased space and practicality should broaden the appeal of Fiat’s hot hatch.

Fiat is set to introduce 34 models across all its model ranges by 2014, but the AutoGuide staff still have their hearts set on the Abarth model shown at the 2010 Toronto Auto Show, complete with 5-point racing harnesses and a 170-horsepower turbocharged engine. No word on whether a five-door Abarth will be offered, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed.

More: Report: Fiat 500 Wagon To Bow Next Year

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dunno about a Fiat 500 wagon... when I think Fiat 500, I see an adorable little car... 2 doors... I think Fiat is now trying too hard to make American's happy - they should just stick with the little 2-door car - it worked in Europe. People love the Fiat 500 because of what it is... changing it may work against Fiat... we just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agreed... the Fiat 500 should remain a little car. I don't know if the wagon will do well in the North American market. I'm sure if someone wants a car with a bit more cargo room, they will opt for either a CUV or an SUV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts