Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was snowing so hard here today that for a while I swore I was on the road to Dushanbe.

Driving thoughts from another thread:

I was just out and about for the first time after an OK snowfall here in CT, and I had zero issues with the traction control. While I had to "disable" it when powering out of being stopped in deeper snow pockets and when heading up inclines without a lot of inertia, the car tore over the bad stuff just fine on its snow tires. The only thing I did not like was its tendency to follow the tire depressions of other vehicles, but given its light weight and the tiny snow tires this is hardly surprising.

I'm exceedingly happy with today's snow performance since I was worried that it might just be too light to cut through the heavier snow and instead just plow over it with no grip, but the snow tires do a great job of digging in when needed.

I did get a laugh out of the traction control light actively flashing underneath the light announcing it as disabled, but I couldn't quite figure out the threshold that kicks it on. Sometimes it seemed completely random, and then it would start predictably cutting in when I'd be moving pretty well and attempt to do something stupid. While I, too, would prefer the system be truly disabled at will, given today's acceptable poor weather competence I can easily live with things as they are.

I have a Jeep for days like today, but it's good to know the Fiat is an option if I get caught out and about in this stuff.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The car is a blast to drive in the snow, especially having the right tires on.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I got a set of Pirelli SnowControl tires on my prima and man its a great little car in the snow. It also started for 3 days straight in RIDICULOUS weather (-37 C). I finally realized it has an engine heater..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow, CMT, I know this is months late(r), but I love the snow shot of the FIAT badge! Well done! and I like the links you have on the bottom of your posts...I just noticed them. Guess which one I like the best.

Sayonara.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts