Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, everyone! :)

I'm currently in the process of purchasing and have really taken to the 500. Test drove it in CT, USA this past week (Only one FIAT garage here in my state, in East Hartford--Gengras FIAT of EH).

I'm looking for information on what sort of deals people got on the car and what the best tactics for negotiating a good deal are. I go back and forth between the pop and the sport, but know I want a sunroof and A/T (I cannot drive a manual, I have arthritic knees and it's painful to push a clutch repeatedly in the winter).

Can anyone here help me in gathering information? I know there's about 4.5% markup in the car, but I'm led to believe dealers don't discount? Furthermore, at the garage I'm shopping, the dealer has an $700 addendum sticker on the car for the mythical paint and fabric protection (which I know is BS).

Your help and replies are appreciated!

·
Registered
433 Posts
do some more research =)

FIAT has no haggle pricing, I have not seen any studios selling above (or below) sticker plus $500 delivery fee and sometimes $200 for 'processing'. There are rebates for older pop models, thats probably the only 'discount' you will find.

·
Registered
614 Posts
do some more research =)

FIAT has no haggle pricing, I have not seen any studios selling above (or below) sticker plus $500 delivery fee and sometimes $200 for 'processing'. There are rebates for older pop models, thats probably the only 'discount' you will find.
This.

MSRP plus delivery = price right now, unless you find one of the first off the line without the Blue&Me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you're looking to add any accessories or extra warranty you'll have better luck haggling on those types of things. You might even try to get the administration fees dropped. I'm not aware of any paint and fabric protection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The best I could do is get the (canadian) dealership to throw in the Bose system and the alarm. At first they weren't going to go for it, so I produced an e-mail conversation I had printed off between myself and another local Fiat dealership, asking about the same options. As soon as they saw there was competition for my money, they caved.

That's pretty much the best I could do.

D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here in Edmonton, Alberta, I was able to negotiate a substantial discount off sticker price because I said (truthfully) that I wanted a basic POP and would not pay for air conditioning, Bose sound system, etc. Because no basic model was available, the dealer essentially gave me the extras for free. Apparently pricing is more flexible here, perhaps because (1) sticker prices in Canada are higher to begin with, and (2) there is more dealer competition. We have four Fiat dealers in Edmonton. I was shocked that there is only one in all Connecticut. There were lots more when I bought my Fiat 128 in Willimantic back in 1976!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Also in Canada, and I was able to get a decent amount off of the sticker price.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Interesting posts. I'm in Vancouver (BC) and I was in the Main St. studio Sunday. I'm not ready (or allowed) to get one yet, but I would like to be able to do some bargaining. The $1400.00 delivery is something that is hard to get over, in addition to the lower spec and higher price in comparison to US cars.

I'm not going to try and be unreasonable, but I'm not the 'no-haggle' buyer. Any news of negotiation room from other west coast buyers?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Here in Edmonton, Alberta, I was able to negotiate a substantial discount off sticker price because I said (truthfully) that I wanted a basic POP and would not pay for air conditioning, Bose sound system, etc. Because no basic model was available, the dealer essentially gave me the extras for free. Apparently pricing is more flexible here, perhaps because (1) sticker prices in Canada are higher to begin with, and (2) there is more dealer competition. We have four Fiat dealers in Edmonton. I was shocked that there is only one in all Connecticut. There were lots more when I bought my Fiat 128 in Willimantic back in 1976!
I'm also from Edmonton and I bought a white prima edizione. It was priced at 22800 ( Fully loaded sport) w/ sunroof and glass roof and I got them down to 22300

·
Registered
582 Posts
When I was initially looking to buy I was offered the dealers last Prima Edizione for $20,000 but I passed it up for the Lounge. If they had it in Rosso Brillante I would have taken it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.