Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have a set of 15" reline tire spats from another unfinished project of mine, so I was thinking of adding them to Blanco. I taped them onto the tire for a representative look on how it would turn out. I'm not sure so I am going to throw it out to you all. Think I should put them on?

For the final look I'm thinking of getting black wheel lug bolts and shooting the hub centers black.

Piccy:
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they look large because they are not on a 70 series tire that has a good 4" more of blackwall, and the normally larger 60's muscle car that would be wearing them might help too :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
IMHO your white car is not the best to go with this combo - again - IMHO.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White with red and black with red are my favorite color combos. This car has the black/red seats and with the white dash it's truly striking.

As I look at them longer, I think I'm gonna scrap the redwall spat idea and go another direction to bring the rosso color of the interior outside.

The redwalls look too cartoonish for my taste, and I want to butch this car up instead of making it more animated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Look forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you are quite good with the photoshop my friend. Could I trouble wou to darken the stripe a tad and make it solid without the breaks in it?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Great job, This car needs to be slammed to rock those wheels, Wanna try,lol? No fender gap.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well, i decided not to go the redwall route, but I still wanted red on the wheels somehow to bring the interior accents outside, so...

Wheel Auto part Rim Alloy wheel Hubcap

i took a rattle can to the hubcaps in a rustoleum satin colonial red. If any of you are thinking of painting your caps, all you need to do is rough them up a little with a scotchbrite pad, and use a CD holder dust cobver to cover the emblem when you spray ;-)

Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
well, i decided not to go the redwall route, but I still wanted red on the wheels somehow to bring the interior accents outside, so...

View attachment 1798

i took a rattle can to the hubcaps in a rustoleum satin colonial red. If any of you are thinking of painting your caps, all you need to do is rough them up a little with a scotchbrite pad, and use a CD holder dust cobver to cover the emblem when you spray ;-)

View attachment 1799
nice look and ghetto methods, love it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.