Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,682 Posts
how much range did you lose
With your 65 mph commute, where these wheels' added air drag makes more difference, you might be able to "notice", but it likely won't matter, since your round-trip drive is only 20 or 40 miles (please clarify) in 60-100F with a 240V home outlet to fully recharge overnight on the OEM cord even if you coast in with 0%.

Before buying new wheels you might want to do the commute for a while & see how much range you have to spare. I don't think we've asked if it ever gets windy. A 15mph headwind can make a BIG difference, especially if it switches by the time you leave work so you're fighting it on the way home too, BUT you can often just drive slower if that happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to change rims once I get my 500e. I hate the stock ones.

Any recommendations on some good retro rims? I'd like to go for a classic 500 look.

500madness had some, but they are $500 a rim!

Also, I'd like to change to rims all the same width. Anybody go with narrow tires front and back? I'm going to do the backseat delete and hoping this would allow me to go narrower in the rear.

Thoughts?
i am doing the same ,but i am looking at rota rtr ,same 15"x7 " 4x98 and fairly priced . konig has the same type .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to change rims once I get my 500e. I hate the stock ones.

Any recommendations on some good retro rims? I'd like to go for a classic 500 look.

500madness had some, but they are $500 a rim!

Also, I'd like to change to rims all the same width. Anybody go with narrow tires front and back? I'm going to do the backseat delete and hoping this would allow me to go narrower in the rear.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just seen some Fiat retro look painted steel wheels with Polish baby moons at Summit racing website. They came in three colors black, white and red. The price was around $95.

·
Registered
201 Posts
View attachment 109720

These are the WheelVintiques smoothies. Wheel Vintiques FW-5604418WH Wheel Vintiques Fiat 500 Smoothie Series Gloss White Wheels | Summit Racing

you need to grind some off the front calipers, and the rear pad supports. OR use some small spacers (5mm or so)
I just seen some Fiat retro look painted steel wheels with Polish baby moons at Summit racing website. They came in three colors black, white and red. The price was around $95.

See my previous post.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts