Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rick Case also has a significant dealership presence here in Cleveland. Honda. Hyundai. Mitsubishi. No Fiat though. Tried to buy a Honda from them earlier in the year... :eek: Typical (slimy) dealership experience. Glad to hear at least the Florida Fiat dealership has it right.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Did you get rid of the $695 dealer fee? The reason I didn't buy from them

You'd LOVE Greenway Fiat, just off the 417 here in Orlando. $899.45 dealer fee! They weren't showing it in the newspaper ads for a while, then it suddenly appeared. I think Fiat corporate may have gotten a bit upset.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'd LOVE Greenway Fiat, just off the 417 here in Orlando. $899.45 dealer fee! They weren't showing it in the newspaper ads for a while, then it suddenly appeared. I think Fiat corporate may have gotten a bit upset.
Rick Case doesn't have a dealer fee. Which probably explains why they sell more 500's then all the other dealers in this area combined

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rick Case still charge dealer fees as I bought a Smart from them in 08 and they ding me $699 dealer fee. Today I call and they still charge $699 dealer fee.

However, this past weekend, I just pick up a Pop 500 (White) from Arrigo Sawgrass Fiat as both Chris the manager and Chris at sales and Susan are great, they work out a big discount on the car and did something with the Dealer fee on mine last weekend. They even went to West Palm store and drove the one I want down. I am sure they will work something out if you compare several dealer in the area.

Just a foot note,

Most dealers selected have a relationship with Chrysler, such as Jim Arrigo, owner of the Chrysler stores in West Palm Beach and Sawgrass. Arrigo, incidentally, is a chairman of the Chrysler Dealer Council.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...10-20101213_1_fiat-alfa-romeo-chrysler-stores

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick Case still charge dealer fees as I bought a Smart from them in 08 and they ding me $699 dealer fee. Today I call and they still charge $699 dealer fee.

However, this past weekend, I just pick up a Pop 500 (White) from Arrigo Sawgrass Fiat as both Chris the manager and Chris at sales and Susan are great, they work out a big discount on the car and did something with the Dealer fee on mine last weekend. They even went to West Palm store and drove the one I want down. I am sure they will work something out if you compare several dealer in the area.

Just a foot note,

Most dealers selected have a relationship with Chrysler, such as Jim Arrigo, owner of the Chrysler stores in West Palm Beach and Sawgrass. Arrigo, incidentally, is a chairman of the Chrysler Dealer Council.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...10-20101213_1_fiat-alfa-romeo-chrysler-stores

I went to Arrigo. They refused to remove the dealer fee, and wouldn't come down on price. I even went to Arrigo to buy a Durango for my wife. I ended up buying it somewhere else because they wouldn't deal. I guess you got lucky.

Arrigo sold less then 10 Fiats last month combined between their 2 stores. where Rick Case sold almost 40.

The reason a lot of Chrysler dealers sell Fiats is they got a deal to open their stores.

When it comes time for service, you 'll be better off at Rick Case. Roman is awesome. BUT go findout for yourself

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just keep away from Sunset Fiat in Sarasota. They scratched my car on the side, bumper and hatch. Took 4 hours for an oil change too. I was on vacation and had my home dealer in New England take care of the body work.

The salesman at the studio was also very rude and had no idea about any of the cars.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just keep away from Sunset Fiat in Sarasota. They scratched my car on the side, bumper and hatch. Took 4 hours for an oil change too. I was on vacation and had my home dealer in New England take care of the body work.

The salesman at the studio was also very rude and had no idea about any of the cars.
Just goes to show how different the same place can be for two different people. I bought my Fiat from Sunset Fiat in Sarasota. I did the initial dealings over the internet in the morning, jumped in the trade-in vehicle and drove over in the same afternoon. In and out with new car, well prepped, in less than 2 hours. I found Tim R., the sales manager, to be very outgoing and the antithesis of rude. There was a problem with the side skirt on the driver's side. They sent a driver with a loaner over to Orlando, picked up my car (TWICE) got the problem piece replaced and delivered my car back; both times with a full tank of gas.

Sorry your experience wasn't the same.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just bought my new 500 sport in mint green( verde chairo) ! Awesome car and great dealing with Rick Case in Weston Florida! Raquel and Steven and my sales person Justin were the best! The best dealer experience i have ever had! Traded in my much loved smart cabrio! will miss my smart but love my new Fiat!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Just bought my new 500 sport in mint green( verde chairo) ! Awesome car and great dealing with Rick Case in Weston Florida! Raquel and Steven and my sales person Justin were the best! The best dealer experience i have ever had! Traded in my much loved smart cabrio! will miss my smart but love my new Fiat!
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That's exactly how I felt. 5 months later I still love them. Roman = best Fiat tech!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you everyone for your positve reviews. You can also see comments and reveiws at ReviewFIAT.com

Our current dealer fee is $599

When it comes time for service, you 'll be better off at Rick Case. Roman is awesome. BUT go findout for yourself.
Roman = best Fiat tech!
Roman appreciates everything you have said about him. He is awesome!

Great to hear you are enjoying your new FIAT! If you ever need anything please feel free to contact us or stop by.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess it just goes to show, you can catch the wrong person at the right dealership and the experience turns out bad. I purchased at Fiat of Daytona and Ryan was a pleasure to deal with. got a good deal and was more than happy with the experience. I was in the car business for several years and it is very hit and miss. Some times you can have a great car buying experience and sometimes not. I reccomend doing all your product research first, modle, equipment,options, and price. Call before you take a ride and ask questions you allready know the answer to. This way if you catch a dud sales person you can weed them out from the start. At that point get in touch with someone different at that dealership. The internet makes this all so easy, there is no reason to have a bad car buying experience.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi aquablu2,

I'm near you in SW Florida and wondered what influenced you to work with the studio in Weston rather than the local studio?

Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am not sure what dealer fees are. When I brought my 500 they tried to tack on a number of fees " buy the interest rate down fee" $800.00, some other fee I don't remember ($600.00) and another $500.00 for delivery. I told them that was not part of the deal and they backed down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, CiaoFiat. My 'preliminary' order form lists a $279 Pre-Delivery Charge which I've learned, since moving to FL, is reasonable in this state....and I'm prepared to accept. It also shows a few other charges, e.g. "Undercoating", none of which will I accept. I think I made that clear when we wrote this back in January but I'll review it with them to confirm we're on the same wavelength. Otherwise, I'll go elsewhere.

Hopefully aquablu2 will also see my post and comment on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts