Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share where we are going. Luckily I have long time racing friends at Bilstein. We are upgrading to Bilstein. We are installing these for our Features with ROAD & TRACK and Autoweek. I know they are going to love them. Bilstein could barely get these flown over for us. I do not expect to have anymore set of these for long while too but I will push them to bring them over for sale. Meantime these are used by the POLICE in Italy that run 500s. Cool huh?

ROAD/RACE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/5916823440/

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Link is working. We are putting them on the car as I write. I will let all know how it goes.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the links better.

Bilstein Coilovers FIAT 500 by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

Good news and bad news. GOOD NEWS. These are really a great set of shocks and springs. I am so gald we went this route. The Bads news is that we had to machine our own parts to make them fit on the U.S. SPEC cars. So anything we would sell would need our CNCed parts to make fit the U.S. car. Wow though. What a great setup.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
230 Posts
You should sell adapters for all the nice sets of coilovers available for EU market!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are amazing. I will speak to Biltsein about improting the EURO kits and make the CNCed pieces needed to adapt them to the U.S. model. We can do it, it will be done. They are so worth it. Note this is the BEST SELLING kit in Europe according to Bilstein and I know that this will be better than anything, KW or anyone else comes to market with. Hard to beat Bilstein.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
230 Posts
how is comfort for a daily driven car?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
230 Posts
very nice, they aren't in the lowest position in those pictures? right?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty close to the lowest position. How many people are interested in these? IF so we might build , say 5 kits, pre order and machine up the bits needed to adapt them to U.S. spec cars. They really are amazing. I will not change these from our car. As we go turbo, Bilsteins, big brakes etc.... it will all be part of the ultimate performance 500. Abarth beater for sure. In order to do so though, you are gonna need to have this suspension with our anti swaybar. I think what we should do is build a full kit and sell it with the bar and camber adjusters. It would be the EVERYTHING KIT. Hum. Any ideas, input?

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Pretty close to the lowest position. How many people are interested in these? IF so we might build , say 5 kits, pre order and machine up the bits needed to adapt them to U.S. spec cars. They really are amazing.
How much $ ?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did not pay for these. They were comped. That said I do not know what Bilstein will charge me and how much it will cost to upgrade them to U.S. Spec like we did. We will see soon. I assure they will be reasonable to boot.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am looking for a set for my SEMA Project car, Eibach is on board for springs, but I want lower for the effect I am after. Eibach still doesn't know if it wants to build coilovers for the US Car. Love to talk to you more Rob! find us at fb.com/automotivestyles

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pretty close to the lowest position. How many people are interested in these? IF so we might build , say 5 kits, pre order and machine up the bits needed to adapt them to U.S. spec cars. They really are amazing. I will not change these from our car. As we go turbo, Bilsteins, big brakes etc.... it will all be part of the ultimate performance 500. Abarth beater for sure. In order to do so though, you are gonna need to have this suspension with our anti swaybar. I think what we should do is build a full kit and sell it with the bar and camber adjusters. It would be the EVERYTHING KIT. Hum. Any ideas, input?

ROAD/RACE
That is almost all the way down?

Doesn't look like much more than the Eibach Sportline 2" drop. Is there something preventing these cars from being lowered more? I have never seen a coilover installed on one of my cars that doesn't allow me to lower it more than I would want to. Every coilover kit I have personally installed allowed me to lower the car till it was truely undriveable.

It sounds like a really nice coilover kit and it sounds like you like the ride.

I would be interested in a price for a kit but would rather Bilstein make the coilovers fit our US cars instead of paying for an adapter on top of the price of the coilovers.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, if you want them, we will see what we can do. Right now, very hard to get them now. We want to get sets to sell but only if demand is there. Bilstein will not make them for U.S. spec till they see more demand than we need to see.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
93 Posts
So, if you want them, we will see what we can do. Right now, very hard to get them now. We want to get sets to sell but only if demand is there. Bilstein will not make them for U.S. spec till they see more demand than we need to see.

ROAD/RACE
Just how much better would the Bilstein be over the Eibachs?
I am interested. My next purchase sometime this month is wheels and suspension.

I am looking at 3 options now. Eibach Sportlines...whenever they get to the US, Eibach Coilovers or Bilstein coilovers.

Like Tweak, I don't want to spend more on Bilstein if they are a similar ride.

I am also looking at Air Ride as an option. It will give a much better ride than springs or coilovers but will cost considerably more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts