Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We do have kits listed and we can customize a kit for you. It is just a matter of giving me a call. IF I am out, please leave a detailed message and I will call you back asap. I usually call back quick but to be honest, I am having some health issues and will likely be having back surgery, so lots of doctors and tests leading up to this surgery. Please be a little patient because of that and the extra discomfort I am in right now. Timing is bad but I cannot deal with the pain I am in anymore. Gotta face this problem, period. Thanks guys.

ROAD/RACE

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The kit I want is elaborate and I am awaiting finalization of a few of the products you will be offering. I have dealt with MAJOR medical issues for the past 20 yrs and still have it ongoing so I wish you all the best! I may end up giving myself a huge Xmas mod for the 500 so that'll allow plenty of time for completion of products and healing for you as well.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contact me when you are ready. Thanks for the good words too Means something to me especially from strangers.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet. You are gonna love it. This is part of the package to get you on the way to a solid 10 h.p. gains with our intake. Once the ECU is done and ready you will have the most practical effective package of engine mods for the FIAT 500. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoping to hear a little more feedback on the article. This is the first of many articles you will see. AUTOWEEK should be next.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
453 Posts
I can't even find the article from their home page. Anyone have an updated link, or directions on finding it from their home page?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It should be fixed now. Try it again.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry. I was told it was fixed.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
55 Posts
stinks that it isn't working, is there a way to post the content to the blog on your site? or at least parts from it? I am sure they probs wont allow it... but worth a try

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the article complements of the author. Remember, it is property of AUTOTRADER.

Road Race Fiat 500- Autotrader by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

AutoTrader.com Submission 9-7-11 Road Race Motorsports’ Fiat 500:
Haute Hatch – By David Boldt

Los Angeles, CA – On the heels of Fiat’s official return to the U.S., Road Race Motorsports’ Rob Tallini is chomping at the bit. As a widely known (and highly regarded) tuner of Japan’s hottest cars (or those – like Suzuki’s SX4 – with a proclivity to become ‘hot’) Rob saw Fiat’s return to the U.S. through a flashback to his own automotive roots, and his first drive behind the wheel of Fiat’s iconic 500.

He was eight. And during a family vacation to Italy, the parents were elsewhere, a 500 was – as they say – available, and ‘grand theft auto’ had not yet entered Tallini’s vocabulary. He and his brother went for a cruise, and Rob became imbued with a slice of Italian motoring well before his first pimple. And while his professional path – as racer, builder and tuner – required him to share the automotive love with Japan, Inc. and (to a lesser extent) Korea, he’s never forgotten the first love (who does?), and wasn’t about to miss the chance to forge a reunion.

That reunion took place at Motor Village, Chrysler’s retail department store in downtown L.A. There, he purchased one of the first 500 Sports available in Los Angeles. And before you can say “MultiAir” Rob was planning his first Fiat mods, and getting word to the street that a new take on the diminutive 500 was coming.

With a long weekend behind the wheel of the Road Race iteration we can offer this: If the box stock 500 impresses with its content and refinement, Rob’s take on same surprises with its level of spontaneity. To be sure, stocker’s level of refinement doesn’t distract from the Fiat’s primary mission – getting you to work and/or the local Target. But Rob’s mods to this Italian take on entry-level transportation are fully on target,you’re your appreciation begins with but one twist of the key.

That first twist ignites Fiat’s 1.4 liter twin cam four. With 100 horsepower to play with, there’s but one direction to go regarding horsepower development. The Road Race modifications add between ten and fifteen percent with custom intake and exhaust, along with a proprietary chip. The less restrictive intake is barely audible, and the exhaust is from the ‘you can start it at 6:00 a.m.’ school of design, but when taken together the Road Race car is so much more visceral than its stock counterpart. (As an aside, we were hoping for a little more spice from the showroom variant; instead we got ‘Posh Spice’.)

MORE

On the road the stocker exhibits credible grip, and the nicely proportioned steering wheel seems to connect well with the 500’s front end. Rob’s addition of Bilstein struts in front and shocks in the rear, in combination with his inhouse sport springs and a rear sway bar, creates a flatter cornering attitude and, well, simply more attitude. Any 500 – given its diminutive size and Italian DNA – is tossable. The Road Race 500 is absolutely flingable, and will either bring couples closer together via the shared experience – or cover their divorce lawyers in layered lira.

Outside, Road Race can provide unique alloy wheels in 15, 16 or 17-inch diameters. Our car had 15s, and while that might seem ‘inching’ backward, with their 8-inch width and 195/50 footprint the cornering enhancement was fully matched by the aesthetic improvement. And with the preservation of the sidewall height there should be some preservation of the wheels themselves. Altogether, Rob’s very practical wheel choice speaks to his principle mantra: Just DRIVE the thing.

A tasteful smattering of Road Race graphics adorns the outside, while Scroth’s Rally seatbelts upgrade the inside. It’s all as business-like as an Italian subcompact modified by an Italian – albeit a Los Angeles-based Italian – can be. And if Fiat currently supplies one of the best motoring options for under $20K, we’re prepared to suggest Road Race Motorsports could be supplying the best buy for under $20K in the enthusiast market. Forge it again, Tallini…

# # #
BLURB: In Southern California, Road Race Motorsports’ Fiat 500 answers the oft-repeated question: “What would Enzo do?”

ROAD/RACE Motorsports

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for getting the article up for those of us that hadn't been able to catch it the first time. Great review! I'm excited to see what you guys have coming in the next year.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great review but I disagree that the intake is " barely audible"
It adds a great throaty note to the engine, a very welcomed bonus !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts