Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the next logical piece in the puzzle. We will be offering engine covers for all Fiat 500s with aftermarket intakes. This is a prototype. The finished ones will be anodized and have few finishing touches. Right now we plan to do what is called HARD anodizing in colors ,black, gold, and red. If this proves popular then we may add blue, and or a polished aluminum version or brushed. People are welcome to start a survey type thread to have pick colors they want. I will let the community do that. Just send me the link. This looks so hot in person and racy. Colored or raw aluminum, it is going to transform you engine bay. It covers the ugly part of the engine and looks like what you would see on a race car. It will also have provisions to bolt down our RRM Timing Control System, and it will be compatible with our intake and Chassis (strut) Braces etc.... Here are some preliminary pictures.

ROAD RACE Fiat Engine Cover 1 by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

ROAD RACE Fiat Engine Cover 3 by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How will the cover make noise? Seriously? On that note, we will consider it but it will add to cost too. We can explore it and see if it matters. Next, we are gonna anodize these pieces. We can do powder coat too but I was a thinking it would be pretty heavy look if all were powder coated the same color and texture. But I am listening. Keep posting your ideas. Love the feedback.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WE will laser our name in it. The sticker is just there because this is a prototype. It does not buzz or make any noise at all. I have driven with it on for days now. It is solid and not going to make a sound I assure you.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rob,
Have you been to the TWM Performance site?
I think they add on's could be like they do the shift knobs..
Standard would be a clear, and maybe like Red & Black.. add $xx.xx for powdercoat this color that color or S.O.
I like the look on it as well .. I would go for a Silver or black.

·
Registered
700 Posts
black powder coat paint red RR name plate in front and that sound deading material listed earlier underneath

also a pre cut piece of this material to go over the hood on top of the factory.....that would wake up the engine bay...

when i had my corsa intake on...its off now temporarily i noticed that the cold air port form the front is still there after you take the factory intake off.....have you thought about and extension of this to the filter area in back of the radiator
and up to the filter...would provide addl cool air under the hood...under extreme heat conditions like Vegas summer..may help....

also how about a oil filter relocation kit.......so you can change the oil filter from the top and a special fumoto oil plug
http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=21

with your set up this would really make the engine bay functional

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have not been to that site. We can powder coat some pieces as an option but anodized parts are super racy and correct for an aluminum piece. I feel like it is a waste to not take advantage of aluminum and the options it affords one.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have not been to that site. We can powder coat some pieces as an option but anodized parts are super racy and correct for an aluminum piece. I feel like it is a waste to not take advantage of aluminum and the options it affords one.

ROAD/RACE
true aluminum looks good under the hood, how about adding an extra mounting tab on the other side?
looks good.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 3 tabs work great with native spots on the engine for it, they stand off the engine so there is no chance of vibration noise. The first polished hard anodized black piece came from the anodizer. OMG...... Too hot. Picts tomorrow. The first batch of raw pieces come this week too.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
577 Posts
This is the sales team and we just recently took some snap shots of our first design. The sticker placement is just for show and we plan on having our Road///Race logo etched into the engine cover, itself. But we feel this piece looks good enough to show. We are STILL exploring the ideas of having more anodized colors than just Gold, Black, and Red. Feel free to chime in with a preferred color. As it stands these 3 finishes are what customers have primarily asked for.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am thinking RED, powder coat, SiLVER powder coat, and Black hard anodized. Anyone want to chime in? The coating costs are the last step to setting the price.

ROAD/RACE

1 - 20 of 153 Posts