Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been hard at work on mapping ECU characteristics. We subbed this out to one of the best. They have a few serious clients like Pratt & Whitney, NASA etc..... Now they lowered their bar to work with RRM. :) Good news is we are getting really good results from this research and seems like we have a cracked the ECU enough to make more power still. Have a date with a dyno this week before AUTOWEEK gets our car but I drove it and felt huge gains(relative). We are now able to control timing at will and are zeroing in on the tune we want to test. It seems quite good, and even changed the way the car sounds. Pulls are strong from low rpms and carry up to redline. I will keep you posted on this. We will do quantitative tests and so are AUTOWEEK. From there, we will want 500-1000 miles of road testing before we do anything. For an N/A FIAT 500, I cannot imagine it getting much faster though. Really good news for us all.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Amazing. Any kind of gain on the 100 HP of this car is going to be a huge deal. Will we need an exhaust and intake, or will the tune work with the standard equipment?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
This is great! I know in europe a company ( cant remember which one) has made a set of ECU tunes for the NA Fiat over there and they unlocked ( a claimed) 30 HP with their ECU, air intake and exhaust. I dont expect to get that much but if we could get 10-15 HP more, that would be amazing.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since it is timing related it translates to power over a large range and really lights the fuse earlier than before. I do not expect 30 h.p. either but 15 is starting to look really likely and the sound is crisp and responsive. Great news for all.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where's triumph on this post. He usually has something negative to say about RRM products....I like to hear criticism. Like the RRM intake with the hot air and BS. Bottom line, hot air or not, performance improvement were great ! I'm sure this timing thing RRM is making will rock as well....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WE spent 4 hours on the dyno today. Dynoed everything, even the intake again. I will do a different thread with vids and stuff soon but the ECU, Timing controller had the best pull at h.p. 6 ft lbs of torque. Awesome really. Even the exhaust showed more power than you guys might believe. OR me! We will have Autoweek Magazine evaluate the car next week and then we will see about production on a few more items like this one.

ROAD/RACE

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
WE spent 4 hours on the dyno today. Dynoed everything, even the intake again. I will do a different thread with vids and stuff soon but the ECU, Timing controller had the best pull at h.p. 6 ft lbs of torque. Awesome really. Even the exhaust showed more power than you guys might believe. OR me! We will have Autoweek Magazine evaluate the car next week and then we will see about production on a few more items like this one.

ROAD/RACE
Rough estimate of time on this becoming an addition to your product catalog Rob?
:confused:

·
Registered
343 Posts
So, it's an extra 6 HP / 6 lb-ft?

How will we be able to install it? Will you use an USB/OBD cable and laptop, a portable programmer, or will we have to ship the ECUs?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

ROAD/RACE
Is this with or without the intake? Cuz I was under the impression that the intake alone produces 5hp. If so is that does the ecu upgrade produce another 6hp on top of what the intake does?
Thanks.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts