Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Rob just sent me an updated box to test out. If you haven't heard of this you may want to check out the two previous threads; my first round testing Link 1 and Rob's thread on the box Link 2

I know I mentioned this before, but I can't get over how easy it is to install. I received the package when I got home from work last night and literally 10 minutes later I was out driving the car.

Now it had been a few weeks since I took the first box off, and I don't know if it is something Rob's team has changed, or just my memory, but it felt even quicker this time around. Driving through town, the car is sprightly. It has that bit of extra pep while driving in that 25-35 range around town; it really feels like how the car should have been set up in the first place.

I will continue to post my impressions, as well as MPGs when I fill up. As before, let me know what you want to know, and I will do my best to answer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thanks for the post BlueEr03. Keep us posted. With your feedback we will ultimately be able to go into production. We are very careful and with you 1000+ miles along with our dyno study, we should be good to go.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
228 Posts
Soon?

Thanks for the post BlueEr03. Keep us posted. With your feedback we will ultimately be able to go into production. We are very careful and with you 1000+ miles along with our dyno study, we should be good to go.

ROAD/RACE
HI Rob,

Credit card at the ready!!!

RRM Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow axelback

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
This is both awesome and exciting news! Looking forward to seeing the final release. Not sure I want to see anything besides what this might cause as opposed to not using it long term, and the obvious which you covered, what gains it gives and how it affects the MPG's. I don't know exactly what it changes and how it could adversely affect the car many miles and years down the road, maybe none but if you have some ideas what it could possibly change Rob that would be great. I'm not asking you to predict the future but many mods have known probable long term changes. Love the work you are doing!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This product will be released at SEMA and is up for an Award by the SEMA Committee. I am sure it is going to place well as one of the best new producst of the year in its catagory.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This product will be released at SEMA and is up for an Award by the SEMA Committee. I am sure it is going to place well as one of the best new producst of the year in its catagory.

ROAD/RACE
Price point will be the key. Hope you guys do well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys,

I wanted to give everyone an update on how things are going. I have now put on about 1,050 miles on this box and am pleased to report that it has performed superbly. I have taken it up into the mountains more this time, and there has been colder weather around me (dropping into the 40's) and have had no issues, just the nice increase in power.

So far, through 1,014 miles tracked, I have averaged 35.4 MPG, compared to slightly below 34 I had been averaging before.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions or want any more details.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wow this is very good news. I wanted you to see some temp range (we cannot really do it in So Cal.) And you did elevation too. This is all the criteria we were looking for. I will report this to the engineers. Great news. Expect this to release after SEMA. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It is coming soon along with a few other great parts we have in the pipe. Lets us get SEMA under our belt, and we will get deep into production of these new bits. Also keep your eyes open for AUTO issue about our car, this week or the next.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yes. It is posted in another thread. Let me post again, JUST THE BOX. Note the numbers but more importantly note the curves. The curves deviate, in both h.p. and torque, all the way down at 2500 rpms. POWER and improved MILEAGE too. I cannot say anything more. I hope we win at SEMA. If we do not it will likely be just because it is a model specific product. Either way it is quite impressive really.

Fiat 500 STOCKvs TC-86HP by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Guys,

I wanted to give everyone an update on how things are going. I have now put on about 1,050 miles on this box and am pleased to report that it has performed superbly. I have taken it up into the mountains more this time, and there has been colder weather around me (dropping into the 40's) and have had no issues, just the nice increase in power.

So far, through 1,014 miles tracked, I have averaged 35.4 MPG, compared to slightly below 34 I had been averaging before.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions or want any more details.
Exactly where are you testing this at?
Which Mountains?

Because, I live in Denver, and the Mountains here are slightly different than the "mountains" that are on the East Coast. I start out at 5300 feet, and climb up to 12k on a weekend drive on a regular basis.

If you're in Seattle, and climbing from sea level to 3500 feet, that's pretty good, but if you're in Georgia, and climbing from sea level to 1500 feet, that's not nearly as impressive.

BC.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Exactly where are you testing this at?
Which Mountains?

Because, I live in Denver, and the Mountains here are slightly different than the "mountains" that are on the East Coast. I start out at 5300 feet, and climb up to 12k on a weekend drive on a regular basis.

If you're in Seattle, and climbing from sea level to 3500 feet, that's pretty good, but if you're in Georgia, and climbing from sea level to 1500 feet, that's not nearly as impressive.

BC.
I live in Florida. The highest altitude I get is 150 feet. So where are the dyno reports @ sea level? What was the temp, humidity, and pressure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey rob,
I will be in Vegas for the pool and spa show at the same time, so I will most likely pop my head into SEMA as well. Anxious to see your ECU! Do you have an opinion on using this with a sprint booster? I've been using one for a week or so..and really like what it does to eliminate the throttle lag.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
He's been really busy getting ready for SEMA, so he may not respond right away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes. It is posted in another thread. Let me post again, JUST THE BOX. Note the numbers but more importantly note the curves. The curves deviate, in both h.p. and torque, all the way down at 2500 rpms. POWER and improved MILEAGE too. I cannot say anything more. I hope we win at SEMA. If we do not it will likely be just because it is a model specific product. Either way it is quite impressive really.

Fiat 500 STOCKvs TC-86HP by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

ROAD/RACE

Im excited to see what your SEMA Fiat will look and perform like. Thanks for posting the dyno sheets.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hey rob,
I will be in Vegas for the pool and spa show at the same time, so I will most likely pop my head into SEMA as well. Anxious to see your ECU! Do you have an opinion on using this with a sprint booster? I've been using one for a week or so..and really like what it does to eliminate the throttle lag.

Really like to see the results of the two combined as well, no one has really mentioned trying them both that I can recall but I mentioned it awhile back and remain curious if it works and what if any difference it can make. :cool:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The first 5 boxes will be for sale soon. Why 5? Because we are waiting for more female plug ends. If you want one of the first 5, call in and order please. I will likely not list them on the site until I have a good supply. I should have the 1st 5 by Monday. Call in price is $349. I will let my crew know to go ahead and take the orders for these. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

1 - 20 of 368 Posts