Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post up our dyno with baseline in RED and our intake in blue. I think you will like the results considering how small this engine is! To dry it is quite noticable. Sweet results, no flat spots in power. Look at the curves more than the numbers guys.

Car pict with new wheels and roof
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/5841073177/in/photostream

Dyno sheet for Road Race Intake Vs. Baseline.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/5841072703/in/photostream

Enjoy. We have 10 intakes in stock starting tomorrow. They are all hand made in house. No Chinese , 1000s at a time intakes and certainly nothing as silly as a panel filter. Waste of Money there.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 HP and 6#/' torque is pretty respectable for a tiny naturally aspirated engine, well done.

We were stoked. It is very good. We have made our own intakes for a while now. Having the dyno helps too. Those sheets are from a partner's dyno because we though we were going to have to tune it further. With their extra equipment, we found that 5 different intake we made this worked best. They can measure intake air temps etc.... What we found was that pipe length makes way more difference than intake temps. On this engine like most, length is everything, more than temps. Therefore, we made perfect AFRs all the way up through the powerband and had no CELs. Plus in SPORT mode, there is a whole other set of parameters. You have to tune to both setups.
In the end CAIs are not the end all, be all. We have done this a few times.Lastly, FIAT Corporate Product Manager drove our car with this intake, he thought we were boosting! I did not say he was the smartest guy though! LOL In the end our stuff will sell on its own merits, just need to get more of it out there.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes the clip is up there. It does sound great. Very Euro.Honestly, First time I revved it up, I got a big smile on my face! At the same time, I took it for a cruise on the freeway, 60-85 mph at various Rpms, it was nice and quiet, talk on the phone, radio, chat with passenger.......all was great. We hit it on the head really. Plus the tips are best we could find and we did not scimp on those at all. It really works nice too.

FYI. Going to post an intake install video hopefully tonight , if I have enough coffee :)

First intakes shipped Thursday, Friday. It is truely the best bang for the buck!

Install vid coming soon.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you have clips of it actually driving, instead of just revving it in neutral? I would love to see a drive by clip because the tips themselves look good and it doesn't sound ricer (at least from that clip).

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a drive by Vid. Hopefully I will stay awake long enough to edit it and upload it to our channel tonight.

ROAD/RACE

1 - 20 of 21 Posts