Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share the dyno sheet for our intake and exhaust. We were pleased with the results.
Note; 100 h.p. FIAT 500 proved to baseline at 80 h.p. at the wheels or less on 2 different dynos we have used. That means there is at leaset 20% drivetrain loss from the crank numbers to wheel numbers. We are getting 9-10 more at the wheels with our combo. That means we are getting 11-13ish h.p. gains over stock at the crank. This is the best bang for the buck really and the sound is so great from both. Here is the dyno sheet also.

ROAD/RACE

Fiat 500 SRI+Axleback VS Stock by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Absolutely. I can attest to the hp gains. I had my 500 with just the RRM intake and now my wife's with just the RRM axel-back. Both car gained about the same performance with these two different pieces. Now both combined is amazing. Our Fiats only have 100hp and are very light, so 2-3hp is noticeable...adding 10th to the wheels is a lot for this little car. Even with a drop in filter you can feel the slight increase in throttle response.

Rob, any further news on the timing box for the Fiat?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the curves are more important and more impressive than the numbers. We were stoked with how well it came out.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again. This is what people wanted and I am stoked that Road Race is capable of filling the bill. The car cooperated better than I thought it would.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are getting dealers ordering these now. Might be a good idea to request our parts, if interested, when you buy the car. If you already have the car, just order direct from us. Installs on both are very easy. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bringing this back to the top because we are thinking of having a sale on our Corsa Exhausts. Note it is perhaps the only exhaust to consistently make more power than most intakes on the market! Look at the dyno but study the curves. That is the key, power everywhere. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
people are impressed with the sound of my set up and I of course love it.
Numbers and sound! I think that is all we can all expect. Working on lowering the price now but it is hard with such small production items like this one. They are all made in house, USA for US Spec FIAT. We make them all with love just 5 or 10 at a time.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
121 Posts
it's a numbers game. When the sales continue to increase and more of these are on the road, I think it will be very similar to VW with personalizing your FIAT 500. Then I'll expect some volume discounting.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly. Until there is some sort of real volume, we can barely afford to do what w e do. Ironically ,look at EURO Spec Fiat parts pricing. it is pretty high. Not sure how the exchange rate affects things but again , we do not need to ship things here since our parts are all made in the U.S.A. and mostly under our roof.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have these combos back in stock with intakes in both red and silver. We were out of red for a while but we have more now. FYI

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered my silver intake yesterday. Look forward to its arrival as it sounds like I will definitely notice the difference. Exhaust will be my next project.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will be stoked with them. FYI, we will also make a matching silver engine cover too that has a spot to bolt down your RRM Timing control module. It will be quite cool and getting our exhaust will make you happy for sure. By the way like the color of your car in your Avatar. Love people who have the balls to get these cool colors that most people are not strong enough to get. Just my way of saying it I guess. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ordered!!!!! Can't wait. Thanks to Brandon and Rob for your help today.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts