Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently received my Corsa intake from Rob at Road Race and might i say i am extremely pleased. First off, install was a breeze. Literally took me no longer than 5 minutes. It is simple to take out all stocks components and also very simple to put in the new ones :) Secondly, you feel an immediate difference when driving the car. I already have a custom exhaust on my 500 and it makes that sound better as well. Also, the sound that the intake itself produces is wicked. Its got a really nice throaty sound to it and it looks amazing too !

I know there are already a few people posting reviews about the Road Race Intake and they have said nothing but good things and i am no different ! i have nothing but good things to say about this product and will continue to do business with Road Race in the future...

If anyone is looking for an intake i suggest you check out Road Race Motorsports , its worth it !

Here is a video of the intake and i have also attached some pictures of it as well ... Enjoy !!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BLUDDBOSS?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/X86AWtI5OC0

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nice picts dude. Mind if you use some.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
228 Posts
Testing....soon

Got mine installed Thursday,still in the run in period,but sure like the change in the engine sound.Nice little growl to it now. Looking forward to the ECU settling down and engine smoothing out.:D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
No . The engine cover (stock) is part of the intake so it makes no sense to reinstall it. Good thing the engine, without the cover, is pretty good looking.

ROAD/RACE

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
No . The engine cover (stock) is part of the intake so it makes no sense to reinstall it. Good thing the engine, without the cover, is pretty good looking.

ROAD/RACE
Thanks, I was 99.9% from pics that would not be an option but I had plans for some custom work on the cover, no worries, seems a cover would trap a little heat anyways so maybe it is best not to have it on there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Love it

Engine has settled innicely. Love the improved throttle response and the much nicer engine growl. Will check mileage shortly and see what that looks like.

Love my intake! Great mod.

John:D

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Do you still need the old air intake hose at bottom right. Does it do anything since the OEM air box is gone?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Good question smark, seems you could plug it without any adverse effects from the looks of it. I am guessing there would be no way to do a cowl modification to improve the cooler air accessing the intake right? On the Miata they had a cowl CAI and it was very nice for allowing cooler air because of the way the airflow worked in the cowl area.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The little inlet hose won't do anything for the RRM intake. If anything is providing cooler air into the engine bay. Little more air is better than none in the engine compartment.
John, I'm glad you like the intake...

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's not allowing unfiltered air into the engine, I assume?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is just regular outside air. The actual cone filter filters the air that's going in the engine. The rest is air flowing around in the engine compartment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts