Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to spread the word. Our Corsa Intakes are now made of aluminum. These are lighter intakes than the originals by a country mile! I love this design. It is still the best performing intake, safest one (high intake out of water), and maybe the best looking wrinkle red finish just like what you would find on Ferrari valve covers etc..... The best part is even though the material is more expensive, the price has not changed. Also some minor upgrades are included with the system. We now include, better , purpose built fittings. This makes it one of the best values out there and installs in about 10 minutes. Anything longer than that means you are having a smoke break in the middle or a cappuccino. :) We are always improving everything we build and it is reflected in the current intakes from Road Race Motorsports.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Rob, PM sent

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've been looking at these for a while now and I think it's time to push the go button.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will you be coming out with the matching hood?
The hood we have can be done now. We sell the vent in Carbon. It can be added to your hood if you like. Call us if you are interested and we can explain how you would do that or a body shop can do it for you. Should not be too costly and certainly less than a hood. For now, we are not making a hood but we may make one if we see enough demand.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The hood we have can be done now. We sell the vent in Carbon. It can be added to your hood if you like. Call us if you are interested and we can explain how you would do that or a body shop can do it for you. Should not be too costly and certainly less than a hood. For now, we are not making a hood but we may make one if we see enough demand.

ROAD/RACE
I love the vent, but do have one concern. Water. I live in Florida where we get torrential down pours every day in the summer. Would there be a way to close the vent from inside the car to keep the filter dry?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Not light enough,lol. Good job, now you need someone to test it in Canada, right?:D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The water will just bounce off the filter. It is a non issue. IF you do not believe it, just tape it off or push a piece of soft foam in the hole to seal it up. Rain stops, just yank it out. With the intake you do not need the vent though. It is nice though but not needed at all. We dynoed all of our stuff and tuned to a closed hood. Good news is that intake and exhaust made the car about a second faster 0-60 according to Car & Driver..

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
People are responding well to this update, as they should. It is still the best value out there. CAIs for this car are really too long to make midrange, low power and all they do is put the filter in harms way behind a foglight holder that has not air flowing through it. Really a silly thing if you ask me but, people drank the cool aid on CAIs for any and every car. Some cars just do not benefit from a CAI.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have any specials going on right now?
Specials are for cash, cashier check, money order. Call us 10-5 PAC for details. We can give a little price break on intakes. thnx

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks James. Glad to hear that you understand, we are the real deal and not just putting labels on boxes of stuff from Europe. We are doing what we have done with other makes, make practical working products, people want. RRM Intakes are just one example.

ROAD/RACE

1 - 20 of 96 Posts