Fiat 500 Forum banner

ROAD/RACE- Product push before the Abarth

10K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  ROCK500 
#1 ·
We are looking for feedback from customers on what products they would like to see from us before we redirect our efforts towards Abarth. We do have some new things in the pipe now but I would still like to see what it is that customers are most interested in for their Pops, SPorts, etc.... Some feedback now would be great. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

#13 ·
50% increase in power through nitrous could be a game ender in this car. I'd be surprised if anyone came up with an aftermarket turbo or supercharger for this car. I mean, why? Buy the Abarth.

#14 ·
True. An aftermarket turbo kit, suspension, seats, wheels, tuning, etc., etc.... By the time your done the amount spent on your pop, lounge or sport would be close, if not more than an Abarth IMO.

But if you already have a Fiat 500 and trade it in for the new Abarth, be prepared to take a massive hit. With all the new incentives the value has dropped dramatically. In this case its worth investing in some go fast parts.

#29 ·
Fiat49: try this ---

National Customer Rebate / Incentives HOTLINE INQUIRES:
Phone: (800) 227-0757 M-F 8am-8pm ET

#22 ·
Cams seem to be the next logical step for this car, but are probably tricky for the Multiair setup. They have them in Europe.

#26 ·
sohc. Running the multi air off where the intake lobes would be on the single cam. A cam would be useless on this car, the intake side where power would be made is all CPU controlled via multiair.

#27 ·
Note we boost, 10.5:1 Mitusbishis all the time. That said, we will likely not finish turboing the standard 500. Some of the parts you mention are in the works. Some make good performance sense but bad business sense because we have not seen enough demand for them yet.

ROAD/RACE

#31 ·
Rear Sway, and a Header.

#40 ·
Rear Sway Bar PLEASE! If some means to improve the shift feel beyond a simple short-shifter would also be a massive improvement.
The Abarth appears to have the rear sway bar mounted inside the car just behind the base of the rear seats (on the floor).
Has anyone else noticed this? It could be something else but the part I see in the photos is not there in the sport. My thought is that there wasn't enough room underneath so the got very creative and figured a way to mount it inside.

#39 ·
I am looking at swaybar again. There are technical holdups there but we have not given up. We will have a new product soon though to complement things under the hood.

ROAD/RACE

#41 ·
I want to see the Abarth setup. We have a setup that works on standard 500 but I want to be sure it will have no issues like noises or something. Otherwise, what we have works great.

ROAD/RACE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.