Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now taking orders for a 2-part suspension system which consists of an upper mounting brace and a brace for underneath your Fiat. This bar will be compatible with our Corsa Intake and also will come in a nice red finish to compliment the Intake. :cool: These will be available to us in about 2 weeks from now, but we are letting the forums know that we are going to have a suspension bracing system available.

Link to Suspension Package

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I drove in Mark Allison's Moddded 500 this afternoon and he had the braces with a set of coilovers adjusted to 1 finger clearance between the tire and wheel well, and they did scrape as he went up his driveway. Granted his driveway was steeper than a typical driveway, and he had the car's height adjusted lower than a typical lowering spring will be, but it is something that hangs down and you have to be aware of it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've never seen an upper bar that didn't mount to the strut towers themselves. Isn't the idea to create a box for the front suspension pieces to stop any movement or flex causing deflection?

Does the upper bar placement work and if so, on what do you base your findings?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It really is boxed. Remember the struts are virtually affixed to the firewall which is very strong. The only chassis movement that can occur will be out and away from the firewall. Hence this bar and the other are chassis reinforcements to help box in the frame horns. I just caught the fact that my webmaster named it wrong. It is not described correctly. That is getting changed as we speak. Back to the struts, there is not a need nor a proper way to connect to these struts. This car is different than anything else you are used to seeing so you will not find a strutbar that is connected to the struts. There is not need since they tie into the firewall (which is very rigid.)
Also note the lower bar may hit on things if you are lowered. The difference is, I hit something solid (over speed bumps) all the time before the bar was installed. Now I hit the bar with the same frequency as before. Now I feel less concern though because I know the bar is hitting rather than something else. Therfore the bar may very well be taking the hit instead of the car itself.

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
They are being made as a set so we must sell it as a set. Install of the lower bar is easy too. Also if we were to sell just the upper bar, the cost would still be about $140-150 so there is not much money to be saved. You will want the lower bar too even though you might have to get down on the ground to install. It will take 15 minutes though. You just need a jack and stands.

ROAD/RACE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.