Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 500 sport about a month ago and went to lowering right away, bought some springs put out by a company that call themselves.. 500 madness and wasn't impressed at all.showed up a day late and in a damaged box and chipped up spring's. But as they told me "that's not our fault" they did give me a really low drop but as I was told by a tec. at the company to cut the bumpstop's out of the front and to cut rears in half? End result is the springs are to low for the shock and you will be riding on bumpstop...the bounce you feel isn't from a stiff spring its from riding on a bottomed out shock. So after discussing this problem with Rob from Road Race Motorsport's I decided to go eibach sportline spring's as its about the lowest your going to safely get until they develop a short shock. But as I found out through Rob, Road Race has been working with bilstein to develop a well built coilover for the 500. Its comforting to know that there are people actually researching things before just marketing it...just to make a buck. Thanks Rob and will look forward to doing more business in the future.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I bought my 500 sport about a month ago and went to lowering right away, bought some springs put out by a company that call themselves.. 500 madness and wasn't impressed at all.showed up a day late and in a damaged box and chipped up spring's. But as they told me "that's not our fault" they did give me a really low drop but as I was told by a tec. at the company to cut the bumpstop's out of the front and to cut rears in half? End result is the springs are to low for the shock and you will be riding on bumpstop...the bounce you feel isn't from a stiff spring its from riding on a bottomed out shock. So after discussing this problem with Rob from Road Race Motorsport's I decided to go eibach sportline spring's as its about the lowest your going to safely get until they develop a short shock. But as I found out through Rob, Road Race has been working with bilstein to develop a well built coilover for the 500. Its comforting to know that there are people actually researching things before just marketing it...just to make a buck. Thanks Rob and will look forward to doing more business in the future.
Amen and thanks for the truth about vendors.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm beginning to think that this forum is in desperate need of a " vendor feedback section".... I am starting to hear a lot of vendor issues arising on the forum, and I do think that the people need to know the truth of what is going on with vendors as well as giving the vendors a chance to explain themselves in a manner that everyone can see.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm beginning to think that this forum is in desperate need of a " vendor feedback section".... I am starting to hear a lot of vendor issues arising on the forum, and I do think that the people need to know the truth of what is going on with vendors as well as giving the vendors a chance to explain themselves in a manner that everyone can see.
It'll never happen. The very thought of any challenge against a vendor on this public forum is frown upon. They are untouchable. Did you ever watch The Untouchables?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am all for providing constructive feedback. The difficulty in doing it in a forum becomes the "he said, she said" issue. Who knows what was actually said, promised or what the actual facts were? Anybody can create a login to a forum and state whatever they choose to and none of us have the ability in a forum to separate the fact from fiction. Any allegation can be made against anyone else with zero corroboration. In a nutshell, probably the individual screaming the loudest, the ugliest and the most times wins, regardless of who is in the right. I too see more posts on vendor or dealer disagreements, although many of the posts and even pages of posts seem to revolve around a single issue and a very small handful of forum participants, which then carries over to other topics (no disrespect to anyone intended). Unfortunately most people who have a good experience are silent. So, one or two people on the warpath with a vendor or dealer, even with good cause, potentially create what appears to be a "global" problem by which all dealers or vendors are potentially branded. In the end, that's likely not good for any of us whether you're an individual considering a Fiat in the future, an enthusiast, vendor, or dealer. It is not likely to happen, but I would personally like to see a general etiquette followed that requests that if you have an issue with a dealer or vendor that a reasonable path to resolution is followed first through direct telephone contact or PM with the dealer or vendor and then documented before one jumps on the forum with a complaint. If you have tried to resolve an issue unsuccessfully and spoken to a deaf ear then fine, post your emails, photos and other documents and make your voice heard to the forum and we can all then make an informed decision as to whether or not to do business with a vendor or dealer. If someone can figure out how to incorporate a vendor or dealer feedback section with guidelines that require an objective presentation of the facts as opposed to just an accusation with no corroborating documentation, I am all for it. Again, no disrespect intended to the OP, or anyone else.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It'll never happen. The very thought of any challenge against a vendor on this public forum is frown upon. They are untouchable. Did you ever watch The Untouchables?
By the way lorvar, at the risk of putting myself in the line of fire here, I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I just read what, some 12 pages of posts, of you having a very "spirited" and public exchange with a vendor. Not taking any sides here, but what more support from the forum would you have liked to have seen in order to let you speak freely? Clearly you had your time at the podium on that disagreement with the vendor. No?

Hey, by the way, other threads would indicate that you are thinking of joining the vendor ranks with your own Fiat accessories (cold air intake, ECU mod). In that you have made a number of great contributions to the forum, I hope to not see you on the receiving end of some of these threads and am glad that I personally am not a Fiat accessory vendor. This can be a tough crowd. Good luck to you though in your new venture.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I am all for providing constructive feedback. The difficulty in doing it in a forum becomes the "he said, she said" issue. Who knows what was actually said, promised or what the actual facts were? Anybody can create a login to a forum and state whatever they choose to and none of us have the ability in a forum to separate the fact from fiction. Any allegation can be made against anyone else with zero corroboration. In a nutshell, probably the individual screaming the loudest, the ugliest and the most times wins, regardless of who is in the right. I too see more posts on vendor or dealer disagreements, although many of the posts and even pages of posts seem to revolve around a single issue and a very small handful of forum participants, which then carries over to other topics (no disrespect to anyone intended). Unfortunately most people who have a good experience are silent. So, one or two people on the warpath with a vendor or dealer, even with good cause, potentially create what appears to be a "global" problem by which all dealers or vendors are potentially branded. In the end, that's likely not good for any of us whether you're an individual considering a Fiat in the future, an enthusiast, vendor, or dealer. It is not likely to happen, but I would personally like to see a general etiquette followed that requests that if you have an issue with a dealer or vendor that a reasonable path to resolution is followed first through direct telephone contact or PM with the dealer or vendor and then documented before one jumps on the forum with a complaint. If you have tried to resolve an issue unsuccessfully and spoken to a deaf ear then fine, post your emails, photos and other documents and make your voice heard to the forum and we can all then make an informed decision as to whether or not to do business with a vendor or dealer. If someone can figure out how to incorporate a vendor or dealer feedback section with guidelines that require an objective presentation of the facts as opposed to just an accusation with no corroborating documentation, I am all for it. Again, no disrespect intended to the OP, or anyone else.
I'm all for talking to the vendor in a private matter to resolve an issue, BUT, the vendor should do everything in his power to resolve it and to maintain a reputation. It seems some vendors take their success for granted and forget their customers pay the bills. In that case documentation needs to be provided on such sites as Scribd for an unbiased opinion for all to see.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
By the way lorvar, at the risk of putting myself in the line of fire here, I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I just read what, some 12 pages of posts, of you having a very "spirited" and public exchange with a vendor. Not taking any sides here, but what more support from the forum would you have liked to have seen in order to let you speak freely? Clearly you had your time at the podium on that disagreement with the vendor. No?

Hey, by the way, other threads would indicate that you are thinking of joining the vendor ranks with your own Fiat accessories (cold air intake, ECU mod). In that you have made a number of great contributions to the forum, I hope to not see you on the receiving end of some of these threads and am glad that I personally am not a Fiat accessory vendor. This can be a tough crowd. Good luck to you though in your new venture.
Not a problem. I asked for public documents that slandered me. They weren't provided. Case closed.

I've set up numerous businesses for others and manage a couple of home business. If I pursue the automotive market, my priority will be the customers satisfaction. Talking to Rob at RRM and listening to his every word reminds me of myself and a code of ethics. Did I go running to the forums when the first timing controller threw a check engine light? No. No need to because I know Rob takes things personally and any product that doesn't work out for the client is a slap to his motivation. Called him, spoke about variables, got a new one and it worked. Done and done. I'm happy with the solution and Rob is happy that the client is happy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally have had great experiences and numerous conversations with the owners of both companies mentioned by the OP. Personally, I'd like to believe that sometimes things slip through the cracks with growing businesses and spiral out of control, rather than that the intent was to be insensitive to the client's need and reasonable request, but hey, call me an optimist. Good luck to you with your potential ecommerce venture. I too have started and sold 2 companies and it ain't no cakewalk, or for sissies :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
One of my guys clued me in to this thread. I do take RRM personally! It is my baby and the result of over a decade of hard work. I want everyone happy. I can make a buck but it is the talk with customers that are happy or impressed that charges our batteries to remain in business and stay motivated. That is hard as anyone knows from their job. If you are not doing what you love then, you know the rest....... We have been around for almost 15 years. Our rep and world wide recognition is a big deal to us. People from 114 countries visit our website daily and RRM have clients that are Multi National Corporations (car companies.) You know how some people are at the Oscars stalking Movie Stars(not me) but, I am struck by companies MMNA, Chrysler, American Suzuki etc... I want our reputation to remain untarnished. We are in business for the long run so if there is a product people ask for but it does not seem like a good idea, we will not make it or sell it. Kinda like giving a gun to a child..... We have too much at stake here. RRM will make dam sure we do not succumb to the pressure.

I have been racing for 25+ years and 15 of it in business. We have learned so much over the years and we hate to see anyone have a bad experience. Even if it is not our product, RRM still tries to help out.We learned the hard way too and we do make booboos but how we fix them is what I am most proud of at RRM. This is my baby and the staff, my family in a way. We will solve things the best we can. Like I tell my guys, do not run from problems. Hit them head on and people will appreciate that.
Sorry you had issues, Tat but thanks Tat and Lovar for appreciating our methods. I have a great staff of car guys and I tell them to act like they are the customer and remember in some cases people spent their whole paychecks. Internalize that concept. Think about that and treat people like you want to be treated. Ok now I am just rambling....... DOne and out. Thanks again.

P.S. the suspension stuff (Bilsteins) are still in play. I would not let them kill the program. More to come there.

ROAD/RACE

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Tatt2tony,

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your spring order.

Couple of quick comments:

1. If you are not satisfied with the springs you received from us we will gladly take them back. I have had the same springs on my car for about 8 months now. We cut the bump stops on our cars and have been doing it for years without issues. The 2" drop is very aggressive and provides you with the most aggressive lowering. We also offer a 1.2" drop for thos that want a more comfortable ride.

2. As of today there have not been any issues reported with strut failures and blow outs from any of our customers. When using an aggressive lowering spring shocks and struts will wear faster and there is a higher chance of a shock blow out, but as of today there have been zero reported. We have these exact springs on several cars that are being tracked as well and have received very positive feedback. We tested these springs for over six months of daily drives and 3 cars using them in auto crossing.

3. I personally drive on them everyday in my own 500 with 18" wheels and for me they are fine and provide a comfortable ride. However, for many other drivers the ride may feel too stiff and that is when we recommend the 1.2" drop instead.

4. I am sorry the package arrived a day late. We ship by FedEx Ground and at times a small delay happens. If it is lengthy and the carrier delays the package we can seek a refund of shipping charges from the carrier and once we get it forward those funds to you as a way to say "sorry for the delay".

5. It sounds from your comment that a spring got chipped in shipment. I will speak to our shipping department to make sure they cushion the springs more so that does not happen again.

Lastly if you are ever not satisfied with the order you received from us do not hesitate to call and ask for me (Boris) or Erik(our shop manager). We will do our best to take care of the matter.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Tatt2tony,

We also stock ST Coil Overs, KW Coil overs, Eibach Springs, Vogtland Springs and others. The reason for so many options is to give you the driver a choice for what is right for you.

The 2" drop is the most aggressive, but as you know there are other choices that will provide you with a lesser aggressive drop and lesser stress on suspension components.

If you wish to return the product please let us know and we will take care of it.

Thank you,
Boris

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
tatt2tony Boris of 500 Madness has replied and I hope you can get your issue resolved, if you call or email or handle it via PM that is probably best, once you and he have spoken and arranged whatever resolution works best it'd be nice to see a post with the end results, seems he is more than willing to try to help you with the problem. Also, congrats on your 500 and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
376 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts