Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm probably being picky but today I notices in the sun a few very small point in the roof that look they are very slightly depressed. you can not even feel it with your finger but depending on how the light hits it you can see it. I don't think there would
even be a way to fix it because it's not like pull up a dent. it's more of
a wave in the metal.

Just curious if anyone
has really inspected their car
closely??

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
98 Posts
it just might be your paint. if you cant feel it, its not a dent. certain imperfections in the paint will look like a dent in certain lighting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
theres nothing wrong with wanting your car to be perfect. im the same way with all my cars. but get it checked by a body shop. because honestly if you cant feel it i really doubt that its an actual dent rather than a small paint imperfection. paint imperfections can usually be fixed with a good detailing.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I noticed a spot on my roof that looked faded, almost white like in a way and it was almost right after I got it I saw this, bugs me but not sure how or why it is there, maybe in transport, hopefully when I get some paintwork I plan I can have my guy look at that and fix it as well, your post reminded me of my spot that needs fixing.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. But if you want to check the paint, trying going to place where there are a lot of mercury vapor lamps. My local car wash has these and they turn my car a completely different color. I've noticed they reveal scratches on a lot of cars.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I noticed a little while after I got mine a little indent on the passenger side panel. Paint is fine just a little wave that you can see in certain lights. I asked the dealer and they said it was a defect in the sheet metal and would only get worse if they try to fix it.

Its hardly noticeable unless your looking for it. Might be the same deal? I try to show people and they can't see it however I can.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I also have a very small dent on my Sport's roof--hard to see. The skin is very thin and an acorn could dent it. Since I park under an oak tree sometimes that may have been the cause. A good size hail ball at the right spot could dent the roof enough for a serious concussion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts