Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been eyeing the carbon fiber exterior goodies on the 500 Madness site and wondering who would spend hundreds or more on carbon fiber bits then "tape" them on. I get that you might to remove them for resale, but by using tape aren't you just a free parts bin for stickier fingers? You'll have to pry my Magnetti Marelli mirror covers from my cold, dead Fiat!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lots of trim parts are held on with 3M adhesive tapes. Factory and aftermarket both do the same. Personally, I think exposed CF trim is a style fad that's fading, but to each his own. A lot of the cheap styling parts are just fiberglass with a single layer of carbon fiber on the outside to achieve the racy look. And these days a lot of people don't even bother with composite parts. Instead, many people are using carbon fiber pattern vinyl to achieve a similar look. Dry carbon (prepreg) parts are for serious racers or for people who want bragging rights at the car show because the cost is far beyond what most FIAT owners are willing to spend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts