Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving, the RPM will suddenly drop to zero, car jerks and loses power for a split second. Oddly, this also happens when driving over deep seams on the roadway. On two recent occasions when this happened the car died completely while driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just like Crazypencil said. Loose connection. The computer is losing power, thus shutting off stuff that doesn’t need to be shut off, like indication and ignition. Either go through all the connections, starting at the computer and working your way out or take it to a repair shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
The battery ground cable clamp at the battery post is a weak point and has caused this same trouble for me. This might be the problem.

I replaced it with another type. The problem is that it is at the limit of it’s available clamping range when applied to out battery posts, and can easily be jostled loose, if not eorfectly installed. You can shim it, try to reconfigure it, or replace it with a better quality one. Or you may just need to reposition it and then retighten it. I did that but it kept failing, so I swapped to a cam-lock quick release type.

·
Registered
1 Posts
While driving, the RPM will suddenly drop to zero, car jerks and loses power for a split second. Oddly, this also happens when driving over deep seams on the roadway. On two recent occasions when this happened the car died completely while driving.
Did you manage to solve the rpm problem.I have the same issue with my 500.The rpm suddenly drop even with my foot on the gas pedal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts