Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a issue with ESP not being able to be turned off in this car. I also wonder how can you sell products that will not show the true potential of gains since the ESP will cut in.

I take any off ramps with some vigor and the car falls on its face and pulls power on me. The driving aids for a 100HP car is pretty crazy! I know this car can rotate. I have scene vids of the abarth being chucked sideways with lift off over steer, when will the company called RRE offer something that will allow the car to be really be road raced?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I can track the car. ESP turns off for me. Seems like you are wanting to stalk us though. With 7 posts ,half are about calling us out. Seems like you have an agenda. IF you want power and are serious about your car, call me. I am at the shop right now. 562-906-0080. Otherwise, our products are speaking for themselves through the mouths of people that own them, not people who do not own them. Lets please resolve this stat. If you hate your car, talk to FIAT. If you are serious about a track car, we can build you a car. The ESP problem you are having is not our problem. Lets help you you get the car that you want to have! ROCK

ROAD/RACE

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't see the reason for having more than one thread on the topic. If you don't like your car, go buy something else. Many members on here have done autocross like events and had a great time. I myself have done autocross with the ESP on and off. It's fun either way and definitely don't ruin the driving experience for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How can we solve the esp problem>

Im just wondering why im the only one who is bothered by it coming on?

I took a jab at RRE since your name has road racing in it and you sell nice products. I just saw some irony in the fact esp cannot be turned off which defeats the purpose of track days.

Solution? Can you guys add something in your tune that will limit/shut down the ESP or wiring in a ABS delete switch is the only way to solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How can we solve the esp problem>

Im just wondering why im the only one who is bothered by it coming on?

Maybe its just me never having to deal with esp.
There is an ESP off button on your dashboard under the climate controls. It does turn off. Even though your display will flash ESP it's off. I had Rob on the phone when mine was doing it, and I verified it was off later on.

So learn your car, and stop trying to trash the ONLY vendor will to make anything for this car, or get off the forum. You're wasting our time.

BTW Rob. Love the intake. I actually feel a difference, which I didn't expect

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trashing? I didn't know a little sarcasm got everyone so upset relax.

The ESP does not turn all the way off! Yes I know there is a button on my dash board that is marked ESP. Sure it turns the nanny to some degree. But its still present and will not fully shut up.

JAFA500
Arent you the guy that "doesnt believe in snow tires"? So ESP can be fully disabled in our cars and you claim snow tires dont work?

The ESP cannot be 100% bypassed by pressing the button.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because you in italy and the other people that are posting are from canada so why even comment on the subject of snow let alone snow tires?

Im not here to fight, I just got RRE attention and you guys are getting worked up.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
1. I'm not in Italy. 2. My English is better than yours. Please use grammar/spell check. Without it, you show your ignorance

Thank you,

The Mgmt.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Because you in italy and the other people that are posting are from canada so why even comment on the subject of snow let alone snow tires?

Im not here to fight, I just got RRE attention and you guys are getting worked up.
You come in here acting a complete a55hole and actually expect any kind of help or guidance? Wow.... I do think there may be some sand that needs pounding. Help yourself.

Reactions: phattbam

·
Registered
176 Posts
I autocross my 500 and I'm not the smoothest driver out there. ESP has not been intrusive in the least bit in any of my runs. With ESP on you'll almost smack your head into the windshield on your first corner; with ESP off, the 500 is a go-kart :) Huge difference so I'm not sure how someone can say it won't turn off. It might not turn 100% off but I'm guessing if you manage to make it kick in then you probably fumbled bad enough that it would've cost you a lot of time off your run anyway.

BTW, I run an RRE intake :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts