Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
its your typical 'get drunk, get stoned, get f-ed up and then get out of jail' movie. its totally stupid and is just proof that our society has declined so much over the past 20 years. :(

I LIKE IT! :D

oh yea....the part with the original 500 in it? PRICELESS. :p

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
its your typical 'get drunk, get stoned, get f-ed up and then get out of jail' movie. its totally stupid and is just proof that our society has declined so much over the past 20 years. :(
I LIKE IT! :D
oh yea....the part with the original 500 in it? PRICELESS. :p
HST wrote it in 1961. (Well over 20 years ago.)
ok.....either he was way ahead of his time OR we, as a society, have not declined as much as I thought. :rolleyes: I vote for him just being way ahead of his time. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok.....either he was way ahead of his time OR we, as a society, have not declined as much as I thought. :rolleyes: I vote for him just being way ahead of his time. :D
Most literature, even from the beginning of time, is about sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll. Some are a little more subtle than others, but it is there in the majority of works.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I haven't seen the movie, but I will accept your analysis that he was "way ahead of his time." There is one school of thought that says we (USA) went straight from barbarism to decadence without enjoying high culture at all...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I haven't seen the movie, but I will accept your analysis that he was "way ahead of his time." There is one school of thought that says we (USA) went straight from barbarism to decadence without enjoying high culture at all...
Jazz aficionados might argue that point .... However, since I hate Jazz.... won't.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts