Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if you might have heard anything. Was at my studio getting my oil changed. Was talking with my sales rep. He mentioned they had heard our favorite Abarth ad would be on TV and it would be soon. Anyone else hearing about this?

Hmmm. There is a big sporting event finale coming up soon. One where a computer company made a big splash with a 1984 ad where some babe tosses a hammer through a big screen with Big Brother speaking. Could it be that another superbowl ad could launch sales of a fascinating new car?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I suspect we would have heard about any Super Bowl commercial plans... at least I'd hope so! Most companies that spent the money on the ad time do their best to get the most out of it by connecting it to a larger marketing effort with social media "buzzing" about the Super Bowl commercial (and VERY rarely release the actual commercial before air-time).

Either way, I think it'd be a great commercial to air but I'd HATE to see another Fiat commercial air without any real information about the car. With numbers as impressive as 160hp in such a small car, I think it's time to let the facts do some of the talking!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
It took Apple forever to become as popular, as it is today. I've aways own Mac's, since the beginning. I like the Abarth spot just the way it is. Maybe add a large 160 hp at the end of it. Covers the whole screen.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Maybe add a large 160 hp at the end of it. Covers the whole screen.
I disagree with this approach. Your average person will cross shop, say, a GTI and say "160hp is nothing compared to 200" but if the ad said something like "More HP per pound than a Mustang GT" or something like that (which I have no idea the validity of the claim, but was using it as an example), I think it'd be a lot more effective.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It would just be nice to see a testosterone-based ad for the little jellybeans. The J.Lo's are oozing so much estrogen that my car lactates when a baby cries.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
it would just be nice to see a testosterone-based ad for the little jellybeans. The j.lo's are oozing so much estrogen that my car lactates when a baby cries.
lmao!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It would just be nice to see a testosterone-based ad for the little jellybeans. The J.Lo's are oozing so much estrogen that my car lactates when a baby cries.
I about peed my pants on that one!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Best quote of the year! Actually, LMAO... it's lying around here somewhere...

Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Here's the million dollar question.... Does anybody know who sings the song in the ABARTH commercial?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
;) No problem. Side note: I still don't see the car in that commercial...hehe.
Whether it is or not is up to FIAT and to be honest, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I do think though it is the only commercial that Fiat has made that is worth anything.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
FIAT 500 Abarth: Seduction Commercial Song: Smokescreen by Willis Model: Catrinel Menghia (Romanian model)
Here's a couple interesting facts, courtesy of the "bubble" version:

The "slap" scene was filmed 50 times. She slapped him every, single, time....

The substance they used for latte "foam" was...... latte foam... applied with a turkey baster, by the luckiest prop guy in the world.

Great commercial.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Here's a couple interesting facts, courtesy of the "bubble" version:

The "slap" scene was filmed 50 times. She slapped him every, single, time....

The substance they used for latte "foam" was...... latte foam... applied with a turkey baster, by the luckiest prop guy in the world.

Great commercial.

Cheers
Shoot, even the guy getting slapped was lucky.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts