Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed rust flecks/spots on my Bianca Perla Sport. It was mostly on the tailgate but upon looking closer it was everywhere except the roof and hood which were covered by plastic during transit from Mexico. I read it is probably rail dust. It came off with clay.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You'll find this on most cars, but it is especially noticeable on white cars. I noticed some on my tailgate, but it wasn't too difficult to remove. It's basically tiny metal particles in the air, like brake dust, landing on the surface and then rusting. Nothing wrong with the paint thankfully, but it is annoying to have to deal with. A clay bar does work, or a buffing compound and a lot of patients.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
You'll find this on most cars, but it is especially noticeable on white cars. I noticed some on my tailgate, but it wasn't too difficult to remove. It's basically tiny metal particles in the air, like brake dust, landing on the surface and then rusting. Nothing wrong with the paint thankfully, but it is annoying to have to deal with. A clay bar does work, or a buffing compound and a lot of patients.

What does being a doctor have to do with it? :p
Patience vs patients. ;)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.