Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
North America's most famous Abarth and Fiat 500 tuner, Scagliarini Motorsports, is looking forward to helping all Americans spice up their Abarth and Fiat 500s to their liking. To demonstrate what they can do with the Italian subcompact coupe, Scagliarini Motorsports' Managing Director Michael Salvarani came up with the Fiat 500 Coupe Zagato Elaborata or Scagliarini 504cze for short.

Why 504cze and not 500cze? Well, this 500 features all-wheel drive, so the 4 pays tribute to that feature. The 504cze started its life as a standard Abarth 500 before Scagliarini equipped it with filled-in rear windows and the all-wheel drive powertrain. They then added spice to the 1.4L with their custom engine tuning and BMC air filter, bringing horsepower to 180-hp and torque to 170-184 lb-ft.

From there, the 500 receives a huge collection of Scagliarini's carbon fiber goods which include a new antenna base, dash kit, door panels, front air vent, front bumper grill, front bumper splitter, mirrors covers, rear diffuser panel, roof spoiler and surrounds all in carbon fiber. For brakes, Brembo's GranTurismo upgrade can be seen behind the 17-inch Abarth wheels by OZ Racing. The exhaust comes from Ragazzon's EVO line while suspension duties are handled by Koni's FSD with Abarth EsseEsse lowering springs. On the inside is a custom roll cage and Abarth Corsa seats by Sabelt in Alcantara fabric.

Paying tribute to Abarth's co-founder, Guido Scagliarini, the Zagato Elaborata should make all Fiat and Abarth enthusiasts proud.

More: Scagliarini Motorsports Builds Fiat 500 Coupe Zagato Elaborata on AutoGuide.com

·
Vendor
730 Posts

·
Vendor
730 Posts
We do not know who this guy is or what he is about, but about a week ago we noticed that he was advertising BLACK products for the FIAT 500 on his website.

We are the distributors of BLACK products in North America and while we supply the BLACK line of products to dealers and other vendors we have never supplied them to the company in question.

We contacted BLACK regarding this and asked if they knew who he was or if he had any of the products from them. They responded that he has never ordered anything from them, does not represent them in any way.

He was advertising their product line and trying to sell it without ever having purchased it from the manufacturer. Since this was misleading to the consumer BLACK contacted the company in question and requested that they remove all BLACK products and logos from their website and do not represent themselves as a BLACK dealer since they are not and do not have any BLACK products.

A little later Scagliarini released a "Press Release" to their Facebook followers stating the following:

Scagliarini Motorsports Terminates Sale of BLACK Products Effective Immediately, Cites IP as Concern

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACTS:
Versace Public Relations
c/o Scagliarini Motorsports
[email protected]
www.abarth-scagliarini.com

BOULDER, Colorado (July 27, 2011) Scagliarini Motorsports, the leading Abarth and FIAT 500 performance car company in North America, announces today that the company will no longer offer BLACK products from Italy.

“Effective immediately Scagliarini Motorsports will no longer offer BLACK products through any trade channel in North America,” Managing Director Michael Salvarani says. “The reason for our decision is based on advice from counsel, and relates to certain intellectual property.”

Scagliarini Motorsports was authorized by BLACK Srl to resell the company’s products through any channel of trade. Scagliarini Motorsports was not required to sign a Distribution Agreement with BLACK, but the company did agree to rules of conduct to which Scagliarini Motorsports remained in full-compliance.

With BLACK approval Scagliarini Motorsports contacted FIAT Studios for the distribution of BLACK shift knobs through an introductory special offer. The collateral, also approved by BLACK, included the statements “Presented by” and “Offered Exclusively by”.

Not receiving a reply from BLACK for specific information, Scagliarini Motorsports had counsel review certain BLACK products for compliance with intellectual property law. The opinion expressed by counsel was that the owner of the property could have an actionable claim against BLACK Srl.

Based on advice from counsel, Scagliarini Motorsports removed all BLACK products and references from the company’s website. Scagliarini Motorsports is having counsel review third-party practices that may be related to the matter, and the company will initiate legal action based on its findings.

“We remain enthralled with a narrow range of product by BLACK, and we consider the heritage of Mr. Furlan’s career rich,” Michael Salvarani says. “Unfortunately, the IP concern and matters related need to be sorted before we can reconsider the collection.”

SCAGLIARINI MOTORSPORTS
Scagliarini Motorsports is the leading Abarth and FIAT 500 performance car company in North America. In addition to constructing performance cars for FIAT Studios and private sale, Scagliarini Motorsports offers the most comprehensive collection of genuine accessories, and performance, styling and tuning solutions for Abarth and the FIAT 500 in Canada, Mexico and the United States.

Scagliarini Motorsports is an official sponsor of FIATmagazine™, the most comprehensive news source about everything FIAT from around the globe, and the management company of Trofeo 500 USA, a five-event race series for the Abarth and FIAT 500 proposed to run in the United States during 2012. Scagliarini Motorsports has a super-mini store on its Facebook page where customers can save up to 50% on weekly special offers. www.abarth-scagliarini.com

We think this is a bit misleading and the community should be aware of this.

If you look at this site it looks as though this company is a part of the FIAT Group and does joint ventures with FIAT. We had an opportunity to speak to several members of the FIAT Staff and none of them were aware of the company and the relationship. We attempted to find out where the company is located, but only found a PO Box.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We do not know who this guy is or what he is about
Apparently he knows you and he's not happy with you! PM me for the link.

I've been contacted by him a few times (through blocked phone calls) and have been offered some shady deals. I'm not going to get into details here but the whole operation is just smoke and mirrors. This "Zagato" concept has to be the biggest prank ever pulled on the online auto journalism industry.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Apparently he knows you and he's not happy with you! PM me for the link.

]
We have never spoke, communicated or done any kind of business together. I have no idea who he is, but I heard the same thing from someone else as well.

I have no idea what he and his company is all about, but what I have heard is not too positive (which I would rather not share in a public forum).

We do our best to operate our business and treat our fellow drivers fairly and honestly. We also work with many other companies (resellers, installers, tuners and dealers) that offer accessories for the 500 who we supply accessories to and purchase from as long as they have the same business practices.

He has slandered us through his channels using false information and we have never even met, spoke or had any business relationship.

I'll drop you a PM. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts