Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Click the yes if you are entering the "Score a Scorpion" sweepstakes. Just curious, will try to make a guesstimate on the odds somebody in this forum would win a car.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rough odds 1 in 2000

Strictly Guess-timating, but the current odds might be as good as

ONE IN 2000 that someone on this forum will win one of the 3 Abarths.

This assumes (among other creative guessing) that 20 members of this forum get all four chances to win. That would be 80 chances together.

So I am kind of excited. I won the lottery once at 1000:1 (had to buy two tickets each week, so my final take was < 1g). Anyway, I figure, because of the poor marketing to date on the Fiat, not a gigantic number of people are aware of this promotion. That's good news for us. Play on!;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you follow the Facebook page there is a freak load of people trying to win. It is all just good fun. I know I am not going to win but that is Ok because it is just fun playing the game. I just hope those who win sincerely enjoy the car.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Answer the poll! I have a funny feeling the odds might be not too bad, for a sweepstakes.
I don't do the forum on the computer. I'm on my iPhone and I don't see the poll. So I am unable to click the yes. I guess I just found my first negative to the Autoguide app...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
17 Posts
As VTEC Mini said, all good fun. And I've already got a deposit down on ordering my Abarth 500. ... but that doesn't keep my wife and I from both entering the contest.
So if I win, I'll cancel my order and win my car, saving 22.7k. If my wife wins.... hrm... Magic 8-Ball says, "Reply hazy, try again"!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Strictly Guess-timating, but the current odds might be as good as

ONE IN 2000 that someone on this forum will win one of the 3 Abarths.
How did you calculate these odds? From the Fiat USA facebook page, I can see that almost 450,000 people have liked the page. Even if just half of them are playing the game, the odds aren't nearly that low.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
remember there are three prizes. To lose you have to lose all of them in series. Using (80/436000 * 80/436000 * 80/436000). I don't remember the exact number I used but it was over 400k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the reason you can't enter is why?

BECAUSE YOU AREN'T A FACEBOOK USER AND DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THAT GARBAGE.

I know I'm being an *** in a way, but I resent sites that require a FB connection in order to participate. I've already been a poster and shut down my page and have absolutely no interest in rejoining for any reason. Heck, there sites you can't even leave comments without a FB sign in~ They're too cheezy to have their own methods of signing in.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those of who are entering, should have all your scorpions pretty soon. Contest will end in four days on 3/7/12. BE AWARE- check all your emails if you're not sure. They have a severe deadline, if you don't email back within 3 days you can forfeit your prize!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
According to FiatUSA on FB, the winners have been chosen already and they are waiting for legality issues and paper work to be done before announcement can made publicly who won. It must be hard to keep a tight lip for the winners until the 23rd. I hope they are celebrating Abarth style tonight!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Yes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts