Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! The interior plastic - Door panels, plastic on dash are picking up some light scuffs. The scuff 'shows' because it is lighter color than the un-scuffed plastic.

I expect there is no way to remove a scuff but is there some way to make it less noticeable? Like some spray on product that works! I'd like to avoid the shiny dashboard look, so would prefer something that is no or low gloss.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Ciao

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used 303 protectant for the last several years - not oily/glossy. And yes I'm paranoid when people get into the car because of how easily every little scuff shows up. Between the seat fabric and the plastic this car really shows wear and tear and stains way too easily.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I tend to get scuffs along the door bottom where my foot hits getting out of the car. You know what they say about guys with big feet... we also have a big... pair of shoes, haha.

Anyway, once a week, I wipe it down with just plain old warm water, takes them right out. Some of those after-market products can dry out and crack the plastic over time, so I stay away from those if I can.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those scuffs on the door can likely be found on 99% of all cars. They happen. There are simple solutions available at any auto parts store that will keep your interior looking like new.

Or just drive the car and stop worrying about the small stuff. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I noticed some superficial scuffs on the painted portion of the dash and was able to buff them out by hand with a microfiber.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I've had this problem right from the start. The prep guys at the dealership pre-scuffed it for me. I wasn't willing to refuse the car because of it. I will start trying the products listed above, in hopes that there is one that will actually hide the scuff marks that already exist. Most cars do get these to some extent, because it's only too convenient to pry open the door that way, and/or your foot strikes it if you're not careful in your timing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For a while I owned a Caddy Coup de Ville. The bottoms of the doors were carpeted to prevent scuffs. Not sure, but I think my 500 would fit into the trunk of that beast. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts