Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVERY TIME!

I read somewhere that with the July 2011 safety update part of the change was adding metal to the seat height adjuster

Was there any other design change. It drives me crazy every time I get out of the car. Is the updated part available for purchase? Can someone post a picture of one from a car Manufactured after July 2011?

Thanks!

Fiat 500 Argento Sport

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
get it replaced under warranty. the new updated replacement is reinforced with METAL! I checked out one of them the other day that was ordered for a customer. looks like it shouldn't break. I attempted to twist it and it didn't give a bit! :)

but don't think you want to go out and buy one. List Price on the new Handle is OVER $200.00!! YES, I have the decimal point in the right place! :eek:

·
Registered
765 Posts
How do you adjust the seat height?
Well I dont...its my car and Im the only one who drives it 99% of the time. But its just fabric backed neoprene...you can still move it without and issues. But since it covers the open hook part it wouldnt get caught on pants cuffs (which Im assuming is what is getting caught)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have no pants grabbing problem, but my Wet Okole's are arriving tomorrow! Thanks again to MikeThinks! Any installation tips???
Its pretty straight forward, just takes a bit of time to get the adjustable straps tight but not too tight. Also helps to have thin arms/hands if you have the Bose sub, and/or the tire repair kit in the way. Only took 20-30 min total.

Oh but be sure you get the correct seat cover for the correct side so the airbag openings are in the right place as well as the hole for the armrest.

Reactions: skybluemet
1 - 19 of 19 Posts