Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the biggest complaints I have seen about the new us 500 is the seat hight, I for one cant stand sitting up in the air like an idiot.
I remember some of my older brokeswagans. They had height adjustable seats but only the rear part of the seat bottom would lower down and under your knees would be stuck in the air,
thee most uncomfortable seating position ever!, like having your *** stuck in a spackle bucket and the lip being under your knees...

Has anyone seen or heard of any seat lowering kits for the 500?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Have you tried playing with the height adjustment? I don't think lowering it would be kind to the blind spots, as if they aren't the worst already.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For orthopedic reasons I ended up with the seat far forward but with the seatback radically reclined...so my knees are up and my arms are pretty straight. It really cuts down on the sensation of being up high. It would be very comfortable if not for my horrible aching knees.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I hate the seat height as well. one or two inches lower would be great. Then the seat height adjuster would be able to go back up from there.

A new seat bracket would need to be made. I have suggested this to a company already.
Im sure the more people complain about the height on here the better chance that a seat bracket would be made.

Reactions: msjulie

·
Registered
453 Posts
Passenger side as well. My wife hates riding in my car because the passenger seat is so high. ****, I don't even like being a passenger in my car for that reason. If I need to move the subwoofer, so be it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hate the seat height as well. one or two inches lower would be great. Then the seat height adjuster would be able to go back up from there.

A new seat bracket would need to be made. I have suggested this to a company already.
Im sure the more people complain about the height on here the better chance that a seat bracket would be made.
I actually like the high seat, easy in, easy out. But I understand those whose knees work better than mine. Your idea for a new seat bracket that would still allow raising the seat is a good one. My only reservation is that, with litigation being like it is, how do you make one that passes all the various Federal laws and still not get sued into bankruptcy if there's an accident and it fails..... or even if it doesn't.

Food for thought.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'6" and would love to get an Abarth when it comes available, but the seat height won't allow it. Hope a new lower seat base is offered.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'm 6'6" and would love to get an Abarth when it comes available, but the seat height won't allow it. Hope a new lower seat base is offered.
Welcome to the forums, you could be a groundbreaker and get a shop to do something custom for it possibly, not sure about the potential legal issues though.

·
Registered
777 Posts
im not sure if you guys are joking but seat frames are very common aftermarket parts. dozens of companies make universal seat frames for racing seats. many seat manufacturers make seat frames. and last but not least many race teams make their own frames for amateur rally and other motorsport. this isnt magic, its a seat frame.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
The only issue I have, is the passenger side with the sunroof. Tall people hit the roof line. 4" out of the roof height, compared to non sunroof. The driver side can be adjusted. lower.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The one thing I love about the car is the high seat position. I just hate cars that you're buried under the dash. This way I have more control and visibility of the road. If you are 6 foot 6 not sure if this would be the right car. After all this is a small car.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The roof cars are an issue IMO. my wife if only 5'6 and she sat in a roof car passenger seat and was clearly uncomfortable. huge headroom difference.

The space for the Bose sub whether you actual have it or
not adds to the problem

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like the seating position. I hate it when I sit in other cars with low seats, I feel like I am sitting in a bathtub. The 500 makes me feel like I am in a mini SUV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The roof cars are an issue IMO. my wife if only 5'6 and she sat in a roof car passenger seat and was clearly uncomfortable. huge headroom difference.

The space for the Bose sub whether you actual have it or
not adds to the problem

Sent from my Argento 500
She doesn't have headroom at 5'6"? Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've adapted well to the seating position, but passengers always seem to mention how high up the seating position is. I'd consider getting a set of racing buckets in the future.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
the seat must be racked back then.

We were testing the car out in the show room with my daughter behind my wife in the passenger seat. I almost didnt get the car because Of this. in order to have any room for
my daughter (which wasn't much) my wife's head was not in a comfortable position. had to go the no sunroof route.

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
the seat must be racked back then. We were testing the car out in the show room with my daughter behind my wife in the passenger seat. I almost didnt get the car because Of this. in order to have any room for my daughter (which wasn't much) my wife's head was not in a comfortable position. had to go the no sunroof route. Sent from my Argento 500
In fact it is a bit pushed back as is my own, guess it is all in what you like.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts