Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of the stock sport seats, front and rear? and has anyone put in aftermarket seats at all?

·
Registered
707 Posts
@Tweak, Rob's vehicle is set up for track though right? I'm concerned with the seats' side airbags for the driver and passenger seats. without those I'd swap out the seats for some nice buckets.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
@Tweak, Rob's vehicle is set up for track though right? I'm concerned with the seats' side airbags for the driver and passenger seats. without those I'd swap out the seats for some nice buckets.
I only meant for the weight of the old seats, Rob's RRM SEMA FIAT 500 is def track type and not intended to maintain air bag seats, you could always run 4 point harnesses though. :p

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've stripped cars out before where the rear seats weighed 50 lbs! In a 2350 lb car that is a pretty significant
Weight reduction. Because of the driving position, aftermarket front seats may make the position awkward since they would sit lower than stock front seats. With the rear stripped and dropping the wheel weight 5 lbs per corner it should be a noticeable difference. I've read dropping 200 lbs is equivalent to gaining 10% in power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts