Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. A couple nights ago, I go to buckle my seatbelt as my Abarth has beat into my head with a horrible, repeating chime. To my surprise, and concern, the belt would not latch. It was as if the plastic buckle on the seat was blocked. I investigated the passenger side, and it does indeed look very different. Now, thankfully the car believes I am buckled in correctly so no chime. However, I am left to driving around with a seatbelt.

As expected, warranty will cover the repair but not the cost of a replacement car in the meantime.

I really hope for Fiat's lawyers sake that I am not involved in an auto accident...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankfully seatbelt tickets are beyond rare in Tampa, but my concern is the drivers in Tampa are.... well, they're not good. If they're not texting and driving, they're tourists and they're lost, if they're not texting or lost, they're retired snowbirds who probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I'm not a fan of Tampa.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Thankfully seatbelt tickets are beyond rare in Tampa, but my concern is the drivers in Tampa are.... well, they're not good. If they're not texting and driving, they're tourists and they're lost, if they're not texting or lost, they're retired snowbirds who probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I'm not a fan of Tampa.
I wasn't aware, here they are pretty good about the enforcement of seatbelt use with their "Click it or ticket" campaign. Again good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts